Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,642 Posts
CCI Pistol Match

steve-in-kville,

If standard velocity ammo [1,080 fps] cycles your action, this ammo should work OK.....! !

CCI Pistol Match: .22LR 40 gr S M, P 1070 fps: $4.73/50 rd $44.20/500 rd

S = solid, M = match, P = practice

· Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BigMike, I have a Beretta 92 with a factory .22 practice kit (basically a .22 upper instead of the 9mm.) I had tried Wolf MT and was very impressed, but the slide was "sluggish" and once it failed to retract far enough to pick up another round.

I do, however, have a Buck Mark "field" and MkII Bull that may have lighter recoil springs.

Maybe I'll just spend the $5 and try it. If it doesn't cycle, I can just run it through one of my bolt guns. Thanks- steve

· Registered
769 Posts
Match Pistol Experiences

I have all the CCI LR ammo types including Match Pistol. It sounds like Green Tag as far as discharge noise. The advantage is you get about 30fps more velocity out of a pistol barrel than you would with CCI Standard Velocity or Green Tag. The faster burning powder may cause less fouling also. The truth is I cannot tell the difference by ear. My fave is the CCI LR Standard Velocity as the price is right and duds are never seen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.