Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a couple of boxes of CCI the other day.Shot it side by side with the hornady through a clean barrel for each five shot group.Results=50yds-CCI 5shots 2.25" Hornady-5shots .5" 100yds=CCI 5shots 3.25" Hornady-5shots .93".Conditions were calm,65f from a concrete bench.I'm very dissapointed with the results of the CCI.I may have got a bad batch but I've read several posts that reported poor accuracy from the stuff.I didn't really expect it to be as accurate as the hornady,from the posts I've read,but I didn't think it would be terrible either.I also shot some 1 liter bottles at 50 yds with both types and the CCI was quite a bit more "nasty" on the bottles.The hornady split the back of the bottles from top to bottom but the CCI blew a half dollar size hole as well as splitting the bottles from top to bottom.I'd love to use the CCI for hunting but it's just not accurate enough to hunt with in my rifle.I truly hope some other people have better luck with the CCI stuff than I have.If this was the only ammo I'd had access to since I got my rifle I'd have probably blamed it on the rifle.

·
Registered
204 Posts
What make of rifle are you shooting it out of? I have had a similar experience with the CCI vs. Hornady out of my CZ 452 American. CCI was more of a pattern than a group. Pretty disappointing.
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts