Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The target on the left is the Maxi Mags FMJ 50 yards 1/2 inch group 4 bullets in 1 ragged hole and 1 flyer. The right target was using the TNT ammo 50 yards 1 1/4 inch group. This pretty much is what I expected as the reports I have heard on the TNT is that it is more open a group that the other maxi mags in some rifles. Conditions were less than optimum as it was very windy out I tried to shoot between wind gust. This group using the TNT's is still good enough I feel to use for critter control. I am very happy with the Maxi Mag FMJ group. Jim

·
Registered
534 Posts
Good post. My Magnum seems to love Maxi Mags also. As a matter of fact out of all the loads I have chronographed (REM Premeirs, TNT's, Federal Premium), the CCI MAXI- MAG'S had the least amount of deviation (FPS) from round to round BY FAR. I think this is why they are such an accurate round.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Ain't our rifles wonderfull!!

That's, pretty much, opposite of my experiance.

The "TNT's performed much better than the "Maxi's" or "+V's". (In my rifles.)

I should mention, for our "visitors", that my rifles have always been Volquartsen barreled. So........

THAT'S why this sport is so much fun. "Experimenting"!!

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I like them too

They shoot under 1" groups for me at 50 yards, and are inexpensive. Winchester supremes shoot a little better for me, but are about $1.50 more expensive. For critter control the cci maxi-mag hollow points work good for the price.

·
Registered
207 Posts
OSSI

Ski-

Have you used any of those OSSI rounds you are so fond of in your Volq .22Mag? Been thinking I'll try out a box in my hybrid 10/22 with the M77 barrel. This thing is so darn accurate with the Win Supremes it's scary. My best group with the Winchester stuff was .185" at 50 yards. Dare I try 'em at 100 yards and blow my illusion? :confused: Think it'd be worth the price of a box?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.