Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

CCI Blazer

7489 Views 47 Replies 35 Participants Last post by  Christopher_2
I looked through the paper today and seen some cci blazer
On sale. Is 1.69 for 50 a good deal? Is it worth this price? Is it better quality than federal bulk fo example?
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would there be any difference between the bulk packed cci blazer and the separately packaged 50 round boxes? Any difference in quality? Also, do the 50 round boxes come with plastic holders? Could anybody post Picts of both please?

· Registered
133 Posts
I looked through the paper today and seen some cci blazer
On sale. Is 1.69 for 50 a good deal? Is it worth this price? Is it better quality than federal bulk fo example?
Decent price. I see them for $159 a case in the lgs.

I've found them as reliable as federal bulk, but federal bulk has a big advantage (IMO) of being copper washed and much cleaner to handle and shoot.

· Registered
50 Posts
How do you tell if they are Federal or CCI, it says CCI on the box?

I picked a box in Henrietta, NY and tried them in my 10/22 TD and they shot fine so I picked up two more boxes in Webster. The 10/22 TD is my first semi and I quickly found out I go through ammo a lot faster than my pump or single shot.

· Registered
11 Posts
CCI Blazer Bulk 525 vs 50 package.

Would there be any difference between the bulk packed cci blazer and the separately packaged 50 round boxes? Any difference in quality? Also, do the 50 round boxes come with plastic holders? Could anybody post Picts of both please?
I emailed and called CCI and was told by phone and email that the bullet itself is the same. No difference at all except in packaging. I like the bullet that is very accurate and have bought a couple of bricks from Palmetto State Armory for $14.99 a brick. It helps that I live near Columbia, SC where the store is located. Good people and nice to work with.

Lemmon from Rural South Carolina.

· Registered
1,533 Posts
Not always true.

..........I also have 50rd boxes of CCI Blazer that are both CCI made and Federal made.
The recent boxes of Blazer I have seen are marked "Blazer", not "CCI Blazer". Are yours different?

Check their web site at http://www.blazer-ammo.com/rimfire.aspx. Note it is www.blazer-ammo.com, no mention of CCI or Federal. Also boxes shown on the web site are clearly marked "Blazer", not "CCI Blazer".

I have not seen any of the former "CCI Blazer" for sale for a couple of years or more.

· Registered
57 Posts
I wish there was a store near me that sold Blazers (or any rimfire ammo for that matter) for $1.50ish, that would be sweet. I kinda like the 50 round boxes better than the bulk packs, maybe it's just me but the quality seems better.

· Registered
5,447 Posts
Mine just say Blazer, but in the lower corner on the back it says CCI, Lewiston, ID, which is where all CCI rimfire ammo is made so I'm pretty darn sure it is made by CCI

John

· Registered
418 Posts
I have purchased a couple of bricks recently. The 525 bulk boxes just say blazer, but in the lower corner on the rear it says CCI/Speer.

The 500 boxes of 10 50 round boxes say CCI Blazer. The 500 round boxes were purchased from Dunhams, and the others from Palmetto State Armory. All of the shells have a C not an F on the bottom.

Whatever they are, they work great.

· Registered
44 Posts
I just received a brick of Blazer 525 that I purchased from Sportsmans Guide. The box has all the usual markings ( CCI / SPEER ) , but the lot number is 1FN480 which is the way Federal marks their ammo. CCI would have been marked 1F4N80. :cool:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.