Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my first box of the new CCI 17 HMR 17 gr TNT. Unfortunately the wind in ID has been blowing at 25 mph for the last 4 days straight so it may be awhile before I can try it out. The overall length of the cartridge is the same as the Hornady so the bullet looks longer than the V-max with its plastic tip. Hope there will be more boxes available soon since varmint season is about upon us.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Where in the world did you get that ammo?

Intec Corp. was talking about having some, but he hasn't been back since he posted that he got a box.....

Now, you say you've got a box!!!!

AAAAHHHH!!!!!

I ordered a brick from MidSouth a month ago and still don't have it.

I know that I was one of the first ones to order, so it should be here soon, I'd imagine! :)

So, where did you get it? :D

Please let us know how it shoots!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked up the box of CCI 17 HMR at a Sportsman's Warehouse in Idaho. I guess we must just be closest to the source since CCI is made in ID. But at least one box shows that the ammo is actually in production. When the wind stops blowing I will let you know how it shoots. It looks good. The bullet doesn't look short and stubby like the V-max does since this doesn't have the plastic tip. The hollow point is much narrower than the HP on 30 gr TNT CCI .22 Mag. and has a much more gradual taper than the 17 gr V-max. The result is that the actual bullet looks a lot longer and is quite "pointy" so it should have a BC not too different from the V-max.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Thanks for the follow-up!

I sure hope MidSouth gets my order to me soon!!! :)

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Chief Says : first it was TUESDAY

now its by the end of the WEEK.?

HECK < dont do this guy no good , to getem first.

HE WON'T SHOOTEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got a case of condoms in the closet ,
dont make me a great lover.
Do have alot of choakers for those canadian geese.

HONK ! HONK ! duhh .

sad humor = sorry = had to say that.

bwahahhh!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Chief,

I love the way you make a STATEEMUMT??

SH00T, I'm also a hopeful for some first arrival CCI, HUMMER ammo! gonna be hard to beat the Hornady stuff!
I don't know if my brain, which I hope connects to my trigger-finger, will be able to apprehend all this with, or without the use of a closet full of condoms! BawHaHaaHAAAA!

I guess if its not as good?/accurate as the Hornady the squirrels will be grateful

INTEC? is yer integrety in difficulty? & who coul'd rely on yer range report! JUST a Question

Calumet :(

·
Registered
480 Posts
Do I detect a hint of jealousy?

What ever it my be.........I'm a busy man promoting product's worldwide and such can leave little time to do other things.

You don't build a business and meet people in high places by sitting on your butt.

I got CCI 17's big deal everyone will have them soon!

Don't get mad at me because I am a busy man with other priorites in life besides some ammunition.

I'm starting to think I should have just keep my mouth shut about the hole thing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That is way too funny Chief...LMAO

ChiefDave said:
Chief Says : first it was TUESDAY

now its by the end of the WEEK.?

HECK < dont do this guy no good , to getem first.

HE WON'T SHOOTEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got a case of condoms in the closet ,
dont make me a great lover.
Do have alot of choakers for those canadian geese.

HONK ! HONK ! duhh .

sad humor = sorry = had to say that.

bwahahhh!
Gone:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'D BE HAPPY WITH ANY .17HMR!

Just thought I'd throw my two-bobs worth in! Don't whinge too much as here in Australia we are going to see no CCI or any other for some time! If you can find Hornady ammo then best you gaurd it with your life, apart from being scarce its bloody expensive at about $28 to $30 Australian. I'm starting to think it's easier to stay with the 22lr and the 22mag. Just to upset me is there anyone else planning to produce ammo that anyone else has heard of? Hope to have my 17hmr Nef soon as the gun shop rang the other day and said customs had released there shipment so look out bunnies and foxes but please sit still as It's gonna cost me a packet!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Intec Corp.

I received my package today!!!

Thanks a ton for the CCI TNT .17HMR samples! They look GREAT!

I'm almost scared to shoot them, since I don't have a whole box, though. I think I'll just take them into the Plant Manager at work and make him jealous. ;)

Well, they are real.

Not quite as cute as the little red tips, but they look great, nonetheless!!!

Definitely another viable round for the .17HMR, as long as they shoot well, which they should. They are TNTs! :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
JC454---I think that wind is blowing right through ID and ending up in MT. I was in Helena today, wandered through Capitol Sports --Low and Behold --2 bricks CCI TNT. I've been lucky enough to procure 1/2 case of Hornady,(another case on order from Midsouth someday) so I only bought 2 boxes. I wanted to shoot some on the way back to Bozeman but the wind was blowing the fence posts flat. I did manage to find one eager little gopher setting in the snow at about 60 yards straight down wind, shot him with a Hornady (deader than virginity) . One gopher isn't much of a day hunting but it sure made me feel better. My 1st varmint with a HMR. Big hole (for caliber) in the TNT's, I'm betting the Hornady's carry out better over 100 yrds. I guess I'll see if the wind ever stops.---Shoot Safe--- montdoug

·
Registered
4 Posts
THANKS, iNTECH

Intec Corp said:
Do I detect a hint of jealousy?

What ever it my be.........I'm a busy man promoting product's worldwide and such can leave little time to do other things.

You don't build a business and meet people in high places by sitting on your butt.

I got CCI 17's big deal everyone will have them soon!

Don't get mad at me because I am a busy man with other priorites in life besides some ammunition.

I'm starting to think I should have just keep my mouth shut about the hole thing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.