Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got me some of these cb longs today, and am very surprised by the power it has, all i heard was the firing pin hit the shell, and heard what the bullet hit...is more consistent than the super colibris...even though thier not suppoed to be shot in long guns, heh...any how, anyone looking for a quiet round to shoot in the yard without disturbing anyone...and by yard i mean out yonder in the country... ;0) i highly reccomend cb longs...

· Registered
2,479 Posts
I prefer them to the Super Colibris, they have enough oomph to kill a squirrel at 10-15 yards. I had less than successful experiences with the Colibris on anything tougher than chipmunks or starlings.

The Remington CBees (no longer produced) seem to be more quiet than the CCI offerings.

· Registered
244 Posts
I shoot the Remington CB longs thru my 10-22. I've put a few rounds through the eyes of starlings in my back yard. I wish they made CB long rifles- why don't they? Shooting cans is fun because instead of just zipping through the can, the can acts like it was hit with a baseball bat and flys off.

PS: They have 56 ft/lbs of energy if I remember right, and that is considered lethal by the US Army.

· Premium Member
587 Posts
No CB Long Rifle because;

CB longs use the same case as Long Rifle. LR's are only than Longs longer becasuse the bullet is heavier and longer.

Many guns shoot CB Longs just fine, even Shorts, too. An example is the Remington 541.

· Registered
2,479 Posts
Eley manufactures a .22 LR with a standard 40 grain bullet @ 800fps (Zimmer), they are just not readily available in the US (Old Western Scrounger has them).

They work pretty well and are fairly quiet, but not as quiet as the CB Long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.