which should i get? :snipersmi

http://shootersdiscount.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=48

or this

http://shootersdiscount.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=81

or this

http://shootersdiscount.com/cart/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=138

and why?

contest rules::read:

1) winners will be notified by carrier pigeon...
B) one entry per person (unless you enter twice...)
3)in case of a tie more than one trip will be awarded
c) all entries become the property of me
and
z) decision of the judges (me) are final

thanks for entering and good luck:2t

·
Registered
182 Posts
what are you using it for ?? what stock is it going in ? all these are important . GM barrels have a good rep around here as shooters doubt you could go wrong . Been thinkin about a muzzle weighted for myself only problem being i want a 16 inch and have to go to Volquartsen for that length

anyway it all depends on what build up your doin and what YOU want

that is all , carry on

Travis

·
Registered
945 Posts
I dipped into the GM Internet Special bin, and picked myself up a 16.5" blued fluted sporter barrel 17hm2 and another in 22lr. I've got the 17hm2 built, and getting the shim together for the 22lr barrel. Both barrels together cost $150.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what are you using it for ?? what stock is it going in ?
Travis
thes are all moot points,:Blasting_ i have decided on one of these lucky barrels but i cant make up my mind... which one would you choose and why? the reason could be as simple as cause it is cooler looking or it is more accurate or my great aunt hildie had one... mongoose and empty are on the right track thanks so far...anyone else please? :harry: and dont over think it :D

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Please fill out your profile so we know more about you. Also the questions aren't moot points. You'll get more opinions if you give us more information to work with.

I like the looks of the sporter and the running boar but can't really recommend one over the other without knowing something of intended application.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I'd get the 16.5" barrel because

1. You'll get the highest velocity with it,
2. It's the lightest barrel option,
3. The shortness makes it a quicker more manuvearable handleing firearm.

swampf0x

·
Registered
182 Posts
thes are all moot points, i have decided on one of these lucky barrels but i cant make up my mind... which one would you choose and why? the reason could be as simple as cause it is cooler looking or it is more accurate or my great aunt hildie had one... mongoose and empty are on the right track thanks so far...anyone else please? and dont over think it
OK that is REALLY annoying thats like being told this is a test , being given the answer of ....say.... 15 ...and then being told you arent providing the right question. The way you phrased your initial post simply doesnt provide enough information for a response. Then you tell me MY answer doesnt work ??

:banghead3

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK that is REALLY annoying
:banghead3
oh dont bang your head.... i didnt mean to be annoying....i just have that affect on people ... see my credo below...

its just a nice 10/22 with a hogue standard stock that i got from a neighbor... that i am sprucing up a bit... actually to me any of them would be fine and i am leaning towards the running boar just cause it is kind of ugly...

i found my friend (yes i do have one or two *L*) a nice 10-22 with a voquartzen barrel at a gunshow for $250... just want to out shoot him everytime... even though i can do that now *L* even with the stock barrel after i rebuilt the trigger i actually was getting 3/4" groups at 50yards... but i would like a SS barrel and one with a bentz chamber... and i have boiled it down to these 3, just want to make small groups is all... my question should have more properly been stated which one would you get... didnt mean to sound curt...

there all the info i have ... peace

:bthumb:

"never in doubt
often in error"

·
Registered
182 Posts
its just a nice 10/22 with a hogue standard stock that i got from a neighbor
ok now see that makes this much easier, at least for me. I'm one of those guys thats likes all my ducks in a row and measures twice sometimes 3 times before i cut once. I'm also an easily irritated individual so pay no attention to it :rolleyes:

moving on to the quote if its a standard stock and you dont want to have to do any barrel channel work i would go with the running boar it will fit in the unmodified channel . If you dont mind doing a little work go with one of the others. As i said in one of my other posts I like the running boar type barrel ...i just wish GM made it in a 16 or 16.5 inch length 22 is just to long for my tastes

Travis

ps. i realize after reading this reply i still havent answered the question .......so ..RUNNING BOAR ...just cause lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if its a standard stock and you dont want to have to do any barrel channel work i would go with the running boar it will fit in the unmodified channel .
i thought the "sporter" barrels did "fit" the standard channel also?
am i wrong in this assumption? i mean i realize that any barrel may need
some fitting...

·
Registered
72 Posts
YOU ARE THE BOMB...THANKS a MILLION

I have been looking for another 20 inch heavy sporter for about 3 years now. I got an original butler creek light varminter pack years ago. I have always wished they made it in a 20" stainless fluted. Then over time, I gave up the hunt. AND BOOM!!! There it is. already on order. I prefered the 20"inch because it feels more "real rifle-ish." The 16.5 is definitely more handling friendly, but the feel and look of the 20 is really hard to beat... in my opinion. got one on order..

thanks
Doc

ps here is the rifle with a customized factory stock.... you will see what I mean about the "real rifle" appearance verses a stubby barrel

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z319/Drmichael8/BC10-22-1.jpg

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ding ding ding... the travail is over.... :beerchug: :1p :2p

you all win but Dr. Mongoose, TUlven and my friend (yes i have one or two)
helped me decide... i have a stainless steel running boar on the way.
it should be here by friday .... (and of course i am going out of town this weekend *sigh*) i just couldnt resist that freakish look!! the 20 inch flutted would have been my second choice... really like that look to... but maybe the RB will make me at least look like i know what i am doing at the range....*L*

anyway thanks to all of you for the input ... sorry if i was annoying...
now i will fade into the night .........:Flush:

ps... if you see a carrier pigeon circling your house for the love of God! DON"T SHOOT!!!

pps... congrat Doc... glad ya found what you were looking for....

·
Registered
182 Posts
no ... you arent allowed to just fade away ... sorry it doesnt work that way ... now that you have decided what barrel you must post pics when you get it installed ...thats just the way it works

and as for annoying ... .i deal with the public all day long , you dont even come close to being the most annoying

peace and be well

Travis

·
Registered
84 Posts
16.5"........ velocity / weight / accuracy ..... it has them all. Make your friend shoot some realys at 10 meters off hand standing and the 16" barrel will shine ! Unless he/she is a gorilla :rolleyes:

That is what I will be using this next match we hold in June.........

Dave

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
no ... you arent allowed to just fade away ... sorry it doesnt work that way ... now that you have decided what barrel you must post pics when you get it installed ...thats just the way it works
Travis
well i got it today... i had about 5 min. to look at it... looks good... i have to get ready for a lil Ren Faire i am playing this weekend... but as soon as i can i will install it and then post some pictures... i really hate when you get something and ya got wait to play with it.....:harry:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Pictures

well here are the pictures of the winning barrel...
i am pleased... now to get it to the range to see if
i can still hit broke clay target shards at @100yrds
like i could with the factory barrel..... *L*

whelp it appears i do not have picture posting privileges
because i dont see how to do it...

anybody???

i guess i could email them to ya if you are intrested....
*sigh*

yep looky there it says:

You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

*fades into the night mumbling to himself*

what's with that??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.