Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of us who live in Canada have for the most part been unable to purchase Wolf MT due to their refusal to obtain an export permit.

I have tried for years to obtain some of this legendary bargain ammo without success. Then I found it's twin.

I have been shooting Lapua Super Club. It is made in the same factory in Germany as Wolf MT, appears to be exactly the same ammo except for the headstamp, shoots better in my rifles than any ammo in its price range, and costs a bit over $4 CDN per box.
You can get it a bit cheaper in 500 round bulk cans as Lapua Club.

Lapua will not tell me if it is the same ammo and neither will Wolf,
but it sure appears that way to me.

You can order Lapua Ammo directly from the Canadian distributor,
Peter Dobson at Hirsch Precision. He's a shooting buddy of mine
and has a reputation as a good person to deal with.

Heres his site, click on "components"

http://www.hirschprecision.com/

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the heads up reg, I will definitly look at this when a little cash comes my way.

Do you know if it has the old powder or the new? Sounds like there have been some issues with the powder change in the wolf ammo?

Scuba:cool:

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Scuba,

I don't know if it is the new powder or old, you could ask Peter.

What I do know is that I shot a 250-11x on a USBR target with Lapua Midas L in my BRNO #3 at 50 feet indoors and a 250-10x with Super club same gun same day.
The Midas L costs more than three times as much.

P.S. Its great to see you are using the Canadian Member Graphic. It looks good on you and I'm glad someone else likes my design. Did you have to ask Indy for this or is he putting them on all Canadian members now?

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was a little jealous of your purty logo so I asked to get mine changed. I love it, great design reg. You have to request to get it changed, so far I think we are the only two using it.

Scuba:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.