Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is another thread about iron sights options for my CZ 452 American (the ones that come without irons). Just as a reminder from the other thread, I bought the 452 American .22 because it comes in LH, and I did not want the Lux stock, I specifically liked the American. However, the American is without sights I would still like to get iron sights for the American.

We've established that one sight option is the Williams FP-CZ-TK rear sight.

I wondered as another option, is it possible that one could send the rifle into the CZ-USA shop, and they could possible fit the Lux-type sights to the 452 American? I'm sure I can call CZ and bet they can do it, but I guess I'd like to know if anyone actually HAS done it, and how well it worked.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Interesting thought there, Dave. Hadn't really considered that. I could buy a Lux, buy an American stock, bed the barreled Lux action in the American stock, then sell the Lux stock.

I guess I will check with CZ and see if they think that would fit. Although in all honesty, the Williams micrometer sight--though a bit spendy at $82--will probably be less hassle and less expensive, while being more precise in its capabilities. Maybe I'll just go that way, even though I'd PREFER the original CZ type of site. The only real hassle of mounting the Williams sight is I'll need to get a front ramp either drilled or sweated onto the barrel. A local topnotch smith will charge me $80 to install the front ramp and bead and get it all set up at the right height to work with the rear Williams sight.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Yes those look nice. I am wanting a peep sight though, with micrometer type of adjustments for target shooting, not an open sight (the open sights usually lack the same level of precision).

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BTW, I called CZ recently, and they said the FP Target Williams rear sight, for the CZ 452 series (the one that mounts directly on the receiver's dovetail slots), is $58. Then you can also order the front sight mounting ramp, which must be screwed or soldered to the barrel, for $15. You or your smith will have to measure the appropriate sight height, and then pick out a front bead to order from Williams to install in the ramp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.