Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few questions to start off with

#1 Is ruger the only manufactors of the rings that are supplied with the weapon? If not which brand is prefered and why?

#2 What is the best way to prep the rings with the scope and the base?

#3 Do all the tips and tricks of the 10/22 LR apply to the 10/22 Mag? I know there is a difference in the hammer spring but besides that is there anything else that I have to be careful about?

Thanks Folks!
Skyler

·
Registered
534 Posts
Well Leupold makes integral mounts for Rugers - so that would be an option. Having said that I don't think you will find better rings for the rifle than the factory Ruger ones. Those are some pretty heavy duty S.O.B.'s. I would prefer the Rugers over the Leupolds.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "prepping" the rings with the scope and base? If you are talking about lapping, make sure you know what you are doing - otherwise you can easily screw them up worse than when you started.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Burris also makes rings to fit rugers, just not in the signature rings.

Dave Z.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I don't think that I've ever heard anybody complain about the Ruger rings. I like them!

I don't understand the "prepping" question, either.

The only thing I did, was to put a drop of oil on the "dove-tail" clamps so they seated themselves onto the receiver, more reliably.

Sometimes, the clamps can twist and not properly seat themselves, than they can loosen from the vibration of shooting.

Tips & tricks?

I just gave Oricle my opinion about "Bolt Chamfering". Pretty much anything else would work for both LR or WMR.

Just remember, the WMR bolt's rim recess is .050! Don't try to shave it down to .043 like an LR's.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys

thanks

Those are the answers I was looking for. Sorry about the prepping question. Ski gave the answer I was looking for with the scope prep. As far as lapping the rings I will not attempt that.
skyler

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.