Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Cabelas clip pouches

1K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  mwm0816 
#1 ·
anyone try the nylon cordura clip pouches that cabelas sells for 10/22 magazines that go on your belt? they sell em in double or single magazine option. are they any good? thanks!

#7 ·
A buddy of mine ordered two of the doubles.
He gave them to me today because they are to small to get the mags in and out of in any sort of time frame.
They could be useable for just carring them around but not if you have to reload in any sort of time.
Just looking at them I am not even positive that they would fit into the pouches but am told that you can force them in.

#9 · (Edited)
Range Report

I recieved my Cabela's nylon 10/22 double mag pouch today.

I would not recommend anyone to buy these. :(

They are WAY too tight. It is almost impossible to get the magazine into the pouch. Once it is in, you almost need a pair of pliers to get them out.

I'm returning them tomorrow and buying the leather model.

#10 ·
gsonnenmd said:
I recieved my Cabela's nylon 10/22 double mag pouch today.

I would not recommend anyone to buy these. :(

They are WAY too tight. It is almost impossible to get the magazine into the pouch. Once it is in, you almost need a pair of pliers to get them out.

I'm returning them tomorrow and buying the leather model.
THANKS FOR THE REPORT! if you would could you please get me your thoghts on the leather ones once you get them? thanks!
-mwm

#12 ·
That is what makes RFC such a great place... people willing to go out and try something just to inform everyone else... me shooting coconuts... gsonnenmd with the pouches... the list is endless.

Thanks Doc!
Mark

#17 ·
Range Report #2

I received the leather dual mag pouch (from Cabela's). THESE ARE GREAT. :t

This mag pouch fits the factory magazine like a glove: just snug enough to keep the mag from moving around. The mags pop right out when you need it.

The leather mag pouch is twice the price of the nylon mag. :(
But, if you need a mag pouch, the leather model is the way to go.

#18 ·
gsonnenmd said:
I received the leather dual mag pouch (from Cabela's). THESE ARE GREAT. :t

This mag pouch fits the factory magazine like a glove: just snug enough to keep the mag from moving around. The mags pop right out when you need it.

The leather mag pouch is twice the price of the nylon mag. :(
But, if you need a mag pouch, the leather model is the way to go.
THANKS! for all the info, i am going to order the triple k leather one! and thanks to everyone else on this one!
-mwm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.