Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,085 Posts
The grey thing is just a piece of plasic packaging used to allow the pulling of the trigger and release of the hammer when the trigger group isnt in the receiver without damaging the hammer etc.

The regular and bx trigger bodies are the same ,, the pins and the holes are the same the safety and detent are the same h bolt release is the same the hammer spring is the same, the trigger return spring and detent are the same. The hammer the sear the disconnector the disconnector spring and the trigger blade are different on the bx.

Besides polishing the contact areas , hammer and sear, disconnector and hammer and sear , a basic trigger job , brimstone stone alters the anglesat the contact points and changes the amount of contact , puts in a lighter disconnector spring and trigger
Return spring on on a tier 1 job. , on a tier 2 /3 job they toss the the the oem return spring and detent, and the trigger blade and replace the blade with a metal trigger blade and a return spring mounted on the pivot pin of the trigger blade, drill a hole in the housing on the side and put in a pin to capture that spring to give it tension. They also drill a hole in the back of the housing to put in an over travel screw stop.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
That roll pin isn't on either of my "original" or BX trigger groups.

They are also indistinguishable in any way, from any direction, other than the red trigger blade. Specifically referring to comments above about a "tail" on the hammer.

Edited to add: there is an over-travel set-screw on my CPC'd "OEM" trigger group. You can spot it in my earlier pic. I have yet to shoot it, shame on me. Was waiting for my daughter to come home from military training. Want to take all three I have to compare.
That, which you point out, that looks like a roll pin, is, as far as I can remember, is actually a modified set screw, but you really can't tell from the image. I was putting the rifle together really late last night, so things are starting to get blurry on what was there. Brimstone talks about this in one of their videos. It is for either the hammer, or the trigger, for the new type of spring that they use. It sticks inside just a bit like a ledge for the spring ledge. I suspect it is now more likely for the trigger, because, if I remember correctly, they talk about taking out the OEM Trigger Return Spring and drilling and tapping the hole for an overtravel setscrew.

In the video, they start talking about takeup, and tuning it out in the Tier 1 tuneups, maybe calling it a two stage trigger. I am not sure if it is really a true two stage trigger, as I shoot a lot of two stage triggers and I never associated this trigger with two stage operation. Maybe someone knows and can state whether the stock Ruger trigger is a single or two stage trigger.

I am looking at a second trigger. Right now, if I were to get one, if I wanted a single stage trigger, I might just go with the Brimstone Tier1. If I wanted a two stage, which is what I would likely want, I would probably get a Kidd.

Danny

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
That, which you point out, that looks like a roll pin, is, as far as I can remember, is actually a modified set screw, but you really can't tell from the image.
Ah, yes - I can see that now.

It's been said a CPC-modified OEM is a bit better than the BX. If that turns out to be the case when I finally shoot it, I'll be sending our BX in to Brimstone.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
The best thing about having this Brimstome modified trigger in this rifle is a feature for bolt closure. I don't know if it is called "auto close", or something else. What it is, is a feature that allows you to pull the charging handle back and then the bolt releases and goes forward without you manipulating the bolt lock. I am not the guy that is into lazy automatic convenience features, either, so I think that says a lot about this mod. It allows the 10/22 to operate like an M1AM14 does when an installed magazine is in place. Right now, in thinking about it, I can see less than 0 reasons why the 10/22 should have been designed to operate in a manner where you have to manipulate the bolt lock on loading. Anyone know of a reason that Ruger might have done that?

Danny

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
That's a "feature" I can live without.

Pulling the charging handle to load a round is no inconvenience to us, even during a match.
There is no modification to the 10/22 that I know of that allows you to load the rifle without pulling the charging handle.

Danny

41 - 49 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.