Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well,
I finally got this rifle taken apart, and I do not have a BX trigger. I noticed that the polymer trigger assembly is stamped on the left side with a "BRIMSTONE" and a logo. Right now I am not all sure what they do to it, but it seems to be an OEM Trigger Housing with maybe a red BX looking trigger. I have to look at their site. That explains why the trigger feels better than what any BX Trigger spec. suggests.

Danny

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Well,
I finally got this rifle taken apart, and I do not have a BX trigger. I noticed that the polymer trigger assembly is stamped on the left side with a "BRIMSTONE" and a logo. Right now I am not all sure what they do to it, but it seems to be an OEM Trigger Housing with maybe a red BX looking trigger. I have to look at their site. That explains why the trigger feels better than what any BX Trigger spec. suggests.

Danny

Brimstone's "best" offering is a reworked BX, are you certain that's not what you have?

·
Premium Member
10,153 Posts
I have a bunch of brimstone triggers, bx and non bx, and i have never seen a brimstone stamp or logo. What i do see is the hole they drilled out on the back to put in the overtravel screw and the hole they put in the starboard side for the trigger pivot return screw. .

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
I have a bunch of brimstone triggers, bx and non bx, and i have never seen a brimstone stamp or logo. What i do see is the hole they drilled out on the back to put in the overtravel screw and the hole they put in the starboard side for the trigger pivot return screw. .
I had two triggers done by Brimstone last winter and both came back with the Brimstone stamp on them. You can only see it when the trigger assembly is out of the rifle. It's not blatant, pretty subtle stamping on the side.

·
Premium Member
10,153 Posts
I had two triggers done by Brimstone last winter and both came back with the Brimstone stamp on them. You can only see it when the trigger assembly is out of the rifle. It's not blatant, pretty subtle stamping on the side.
Must be something they recently started doing , cause mine dont have that . Wonder if its like a heat brand?

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Must be something they recently started doing , cause mine dont have that . Wonder if its like a heat brand?
Could be heat, or maybe just a punch with a light smack from a mallet, I've noticed some are shallow and some are deeper than others. They've been doing if for at least a few years now, maybe longer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My local gunshop has a selection of Ruger parts on hand, BX Triggers, 10, 15, and 25 round magazines as well as aftermarket parts, Magpul stocks, etc. They don't usually discount those as to make a sliim profit, which I don't have a problem with.
The last couple of triggers that I got were from the Ruger Shop where I got a 20% discount when registering a new purchase Ruger. With the red triggers, I usually change out the magazine release with an extended red release lever and a red charging handle.
I guess my old hot rod days have never changed but now I don't use as much chrome?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
What I have, modified by Bristone is not a BX Trigger, correct? Images I have seen of BX Triggers have shown a two two color trigger assembly, excepting the trigger itself.

Danny

·
Premium Member
10,153 Posts
Yours, in the pics , is a regular oem trigger with either a tier 2 or a tier 3 brimstone ( unlikely) trigger job. Polished and modified internals, a anodized trigger blade, red, a trigger mounted rebound return spring, and an overtravel screw stop. And yes i saw the little brimstone thingy, maybe mine do have it, its too small for me to notice:cool:

The easiest way to identify a bx trigger is that the hammer has a tail.

I have afew of these, and they are excellent. I honestly cant tell if im shooting a brimstone bx or a brimstone tier 2, unless I’m shooting them together.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Yours, in the pics , is a regular oem trigger with either a tier 2 or a tier 3 brimstone ( unlikely) trigger job. Polished and modified internals, a anodized trigger blade, red, a trigger mounted rebound return spring, and an overtravel screw stop. And yes i saw the little brimstone thingy, maybe mine do have it, its too small for me to notice:cool:

The easiest way to identify a bx trigger is that the hammer has a tail.

I have afew of these, and they are excellent. I honestly cant tell if im shooting a brimstone bx or a brimstone tier 2, unless I'm shooting them together.
I am going to have to look at the Brimstone site to see if I can ascertain if this is a tier 2 or 3. I have been looking at Kidd Triggers, but I am wondering at the return I might get, for my money, as this is a really great trigger. I am wondering if the difference between this and a Kidd is slight, or not.

Danny

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Tier 2 and 3 look the same, they just do more wirk on the 3. More expensive.
So, there is maybe no way to tell the two apart by looking at an example that you have in your hand? You would only be able to tell by looking at a receipt detailing charges for their work on a receipt supplied with the trigger?

Danny

·
Premium Member
10,153 Posts
So, there is maybe no way to tell the two apart by looking at an example that you have in your hand? You would only be able to tell by looking at a receipt detailing charges for their work on a receipt supplied with the trigger?

Danny

Thats my understanding, i have never bought a tier 3 , but im the guy who didnt see brimstone on the side of the housing:confused:

Also you might look at this https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...hp?t=1016633&usg=AOvVaw28hkbgaVpA8r_DO3xxSCQV

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I seem, as a new again 10/22 user, been confused. I have a lot more figured out now. I was confused about the BX Trigger. I thought, based on some BX Triggers I saw, new in the package, that BX Trigger Assemblies were two colored. Evidently, this grey thing I saw is something used while in the package, not part of the BX Trigger. I might have even read that it is to allow dry-fire while in the package. This leads me to think that the trigger housings for the BX and new polymer triggers look, or are the same. What I now understand is that the way to discern between a stock polymer trigger group and BX Trigger Group is by the hammer, and maybe the trigger installed, basically shown in the link provided in this thread, OR , in later examples by a Red Trigger Lever. Is this correct?

In watching the Brimstone Trigger videos, I have figured out how to discern between the Tier 1 and Tier 2 trigger jobs. The Tier 1 job has a setscrew installed somewhere in the face of the trigger to adjust out slop in the first movements of trigger pull. Tier 2 does not have this.

Danny

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
That roll pin isn't on either of my "original" or BX trigger groups.

They are also indistinguishable in any way, from any direction, other than the red trigger blade. Specifically referring to comments above about a "tail" on the hammer.

Edited to add: there is an over-travel set-screw on my CPC'd "OEM" trigger group. You can spot it in my earlier pic. I have yet to shoot it, shame on me. Was waiting for my daughter to come home from military training. Want to take all three I have to compare.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.