Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I got another 10/22T, an all stainless one. It came with what I think is a BX Trigger. The trigger (lever) is itself Red. I know that it is for sure not a Kidd trigger. In the past, I have seen comments all over the place about the user experience with the BX Trigger. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this trigger and don't really know if I would do much to it or even need another trigger. Has quality/setup of these been all over the place? I am kind of wondering why mine seems pretty good.

Thanks,

Danny

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
From what I've read here..

The BX is universally better than a current 10/22 trigger, but not all BX's are equal. Some are good, some are really good.

I think the one I bought is really good but I'm not qualified enough to be considered an expert. All I can say is it made a measurable difference in my shooting.

I have a reworked (CPC) action but have not had the opportunity to compare back-to-back.

·
Premium Member
6,962 Posts
BX triggers are notoriously inconsistent. Most are ok (much better than OEM), some aren't, and a select few are really good. As I have mentioned in other threads there are companies out there that make $ by buying up large quantities of BX triggers. They go through them and take out the really good ones and sell them at a premium. The ones that aren't as good they just mark up a little and probably get there money back plus a little profit. Here's an example, 3 different tiers of BX triggers at 3 different prices.

https://store.wirthweinguns.com/searchresults.asp?Search=90462&Submit=

·
Premium Member
10,433 Posts
Ruger started adding the red trigger to the bx a while ago. To differentiate it from the oem trigger, cause they use the same housing. Its the inside parts that are different.

I didnt know that Ruger put a bx on anything other than the Target Lite and the Competition.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Where’s a good o place to get a bx trigger?
Google is only bringing up the usuals.
Midway, eBay, optics planet, etc.
I’d prefer to do business with a small shop. (Even if it costs a few more $’s)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Last night I got another 10/22T, an all stainless one. It came with what I think is a BX Trigger. The trigger (lever) is itself Red. I know that it is for sure not a Kidd trigger. In the past, I have seen comments all over the place about the user experience with the BX Trigger. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this trigger and don't really know if I would do much to it or even need another trigger. Has quality/setup of these been all over the place? I am kind of wondering why mine seems pretty good.

Thanks,

Danny
By "all stainless", I'm guessing you guessing you mean stainless barrel. As far as the BX trigger, I think even Ruger has acknowledged how inconsistent they can be. The packaging is designed so that you can test it before you buy it. Which is why some retailers have marked them up such stupid amounts. I bought mine for $50, and thought that was a risk, as they could be found on sale for $45 not even two years ago. At the current price of $80-$100, there is no justification for one. Hopefully, the one in your rifle is one of the better copies.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
By "all stainless", I'm guessing you guessing you mean stainless barrel. As far as the BX trigger, I think even Ruger has acknowledged how inconsistent they can be. The packaging is designed so that you can test it before you buy it. Which is why some retailers have marked them up such stupid amounts. I bought mine for $50, and thought that was a risk, as they could be found on sale for $45 not even two years ago. At the current price of $80-$100, there is no justification for one. Hopefully, the one in your rifle is one of the better copies.
Stainless barrel, naked aluminum receiver, and it would have had a naked aluminum receiver, ie, Ruger's Stainless version.

Danny

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I just checked mine for pull today. Mine hovers at about just less than 2 lb., but above 1-1/2 lb. I really need to make a 1-3/4 lb. weight. It feels better and lighter than that. I am happy with it. Not sure I would go with a Kidd on my other 10/22T.

Edit: In looking at some of the options that grade BX triggers, it looks like I got a really good one, so I might have to go to a Kidd Trigger on my other 10/22 to equal or better this one.

Danny

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.