Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this is a great site! I am considering adding another toy for plinking and small game and am leaning towards the stainless 10/22. My question is can I swap the original plastic stock for a walnut sporter stock instead? Is this a drop fit or can I expect some work? Thanks!

·
Registered
555 Posts
:Welcome:
Welcome to RFC. The short answer to your question is 'yes', if you are talking about the Ruger stocks. The synthetic stainless 10/22 has the sporter taper barrel as does the deluxe (DSP) walnut model, the standard blue carbine, the SS carbine, etc. The target models have the bull barrel and while the sporters would fit those stocks, it would look funny in my opinion. Changing from one factory sporter type stock to another should be a drop in with the slight possibility of only minor adjustment. I've swapped a few and never had to make adjustments. Of course if you get into bedding actions/barrels to stocks, you may not be able to swap around as easily! Also, changing to most aftermarket stocks designed for the sporter contour barrel generally should be a drop in. I have had to make some minor adjustments on those. Just get out the old sandpaper!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.