Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum so if this thread is in the wrong place, my apologizes.

Is there some kind of buttpad extension that will fit on a 10/22 with the synthetic stock? The ones I've seen from the aftermarket are for wood stocks only.

I plan on getting a Butler Creek stock with the folding bipod in the future, but for now, the OEM Ruger stock is fine, it just could be a little longer.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Don't know about a butt pad extender for the factory synth stock. Maybe a slip-on would work. As for the BC bi-pod stock... May I suggest that you simply get yourself a decent bi-pod and attatch it to your factory stock and call it good. The BC stocks are cool to look at but are IMO not any better than the Ruger. I have been underwhelmed with my BC Target Stock and have had to make all the same modifications to it that I would have to the factory one just to get it to shoot consistently.

If you have already tried one and like it, get it. Otherwise find one and try it before you spend the money. You could spend less on a quality bi-pod and be better off.

The previously mentioned statements are not necessarily the opinions of the management or host.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buttpad extender

Thanks. I've shot my brother's 10/22 with the BC stock, but his also has the bull barrel and a compensator, and seems to be pretty accurate. With him shooting it anyway, I'm not so good yet.

I'm new at gun ownership, although my brother and I shoot often, I always use his guns. This is my first firearm of any kind and what a blast it is to shoot this. Even though he has an AR, SKS, Mini-30, Hi-Point 9mm Carbine, assorted shotguns, NEF 45/70 and 5 pistols. from a 22 Mountain Eagle to a custom 1911, the 10/22 is the most fun to shoot of all of them.

So far I've gotten a Bushnell's scope from my brother, another Ruger mag, a Hot Lips mag, a double muzzle brake (for looks more than anything else), quick mag release, a Wilson's SHOK-BUFF and some other assorted sundries, and my funds don't allow for a new stock at this time, but the Ruger stock is OK with me, I just wish it were a little longer.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
Actually, the factory stock has about the same length of pull as any other normal stock. It's the curved butt section that gives the feel of it being shorter. Measured it up along my .303. Rem 700, and laminated Fajen stocks, any difference is minute. (0 to 1/2" difference).

I had added one of them extenders to my factory stock and it made the pull too cumbersome and was god awful ugly.

Bear in mind I'm 6 foot tall and lanky ;)

My .03

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.