Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow shooters/hunters. I been reading some good info on this forum in the last few days. But still not much on the butler creek tension barrel. If any one has one could you share some of your shooting cons/pros, about the tension barrel.

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Welcome!
To be honest, I havn't hard much good about the BC Tension barrel...I've heard several times that they will change POI as they heat up and you have to be careful handling them as they actually bend. The regular BC barrels I have seen shoot pretty well. But for the money I much prefer Green Mountain. JL

·
Registered
54 Posts
Are you talking about the Carbon Fiber (Plastic) barrels or the aluminum ones like a wissel pig? From what I'v heard the CF ones are about as bad as you can get the steel ones seem to be pretty good. I'v never heard any thing good or bad about the Tensioned ones though.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
mini14,
I've got one of the Bulter Creek carbon fiber bull barrels on my AMT. It shoots better than the stock barrel does, and the stock bbl's fairly accurate.
FYI, with the same 12 types of ammo from the same bench, mine outshot another members 10/22 with a VQ barrel
Paul
BTW, my scores for this month are posted.
Paul

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I have the carbon fiber allready and i am having accuracy problems just the same as others on the forum. I am going to send the barrel back and try and exchange it for another type of barrel, and was curious if the aluminum tension barrel would be a better choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.