Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like the black target stock that BC makes and I noticed that it has a steel pilar bedding.is there anyone out there that has had good or bad luck with these stocks? I was thinking the hogue stock would be a little less stiff and I have heard of the barrel channel warping when the screw is tightend down.I also like the raised cheak piece on the BC.I orderd GM 18 inch fluted barrel to use with my action.does anyone see or know a better drop in synthetic stock system other then the high doller setups?I know the BC barrels are less than consistent but the stocks look like a good solid drop in system for target and hunting use.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
There is high quality and there is "not exactly". The BC target stock is a great knockabout hunting and carry stock. It is one of the lightest stocks I have held. It is not, however, a benchrest quality stock in any exagerated interpretation of the word. I would even say that the term "target stock" is a very liberal definition of the stock. It does have a steel pillar for the action screw but that is not the be-all-end-all of rifle stocks. There are more important considerations than that for a good usable stock.

IMHO, there are many better target stocks out there for the money. I would even go so far as to say that a well tuned factory stock would be better in the long run.

If light weight and durability are what you are looking for the BC is the stock for you. Just don't think that the BC is going to make your 10-22 become a better shooter than it was otherwise. You allready have a good quality barrel so don't cheap out on the furniture. I have put as much work into my BC target stock as I would have an unfinished stock just trying to get it to be consistent.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.