Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Propably Philipines

I think most lower scopes from Simmons, Bushnell,Nikon(personally seen) are made there.Serious question, not to be rude . Whats the difference if its not American or Japanese? I have them all, I think the most difference is how much you pay. The only thing much different is American service. IF your Leupold or Burris needs work or modification to suit you, these companys can help you fast. Getting a Asian scope modified is harder if not impossible. You'll have to go to private buisnesses.

·
Premium Member
13,556 Posts
rich56:

The reason that it makes a difference to some is the "rule of thumb" that states that, in decreasing order of quality and desireability, Asian scopes range from "made in Japan" (best), to "Phillipines" to "Chinese" (worst). There are exceptions, but it is a good general rule. Also, many scopes that were great values when made in Japan have deteriorated to absolute junk when made in China. Again, not always true, but often enough that it is prudent to ask. Prime example: Tasco WCP.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the Bushnell Trophy 4X15AO from Natchez today. Optics appear quite clear, has lo-rise target type turrets. Mounted it on my CZ 452 American with BKL 253 mounts. Overall seems solid and well made. The kicker is it is a product of the Philipines::rolleyes: Will test it this weekend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.