Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i own a simmons 22mag 4x32 series scope and like it very much. i do however hate how thick the crosshairs are. great for 25 yards and plinking, but just doesnt get it done at 50 yards. i am wondering if any of you have shot the bushnell rimfire 3-9x32 22 scopes? crosshairs thick like the simmons? or have any of you used the simmons 3-9x32 22 scope at 50 yards with good results? i am going to stick with the 22 scopes because i am on a buget and they work fine for me, so please no "get a ziess" replies. :1t Thanks all!!!!!!! :Blasting_ :Blasting_ :Blasting_

·
Registered
63 Posts
mwm0816,

I have a Bushnell 3-9x32 rimfire series scope on my Marlin 982L. And I have a Simmons 4x28 .22mag series rimfire scope on my Remington 597.

The crosshairs on the Bushnell are definitely finer. Howerver, if I bring the power on the Bushnell to anywhere from 3-5x, I can out shoot it with my Simmons on the 50yd. line. At 6x and better, then the Bushnell has the advantage.

At 50yds, the Simmons is an inexpensive, reliable, tack-driving scope... :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.