Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my above scope from my aunt who came back from the states!!! Awsome awsome awsome. Its gone on my CZVarmint 17HMR , the two togther are awsome! I have ordered 5 more when she goes back at the end of this month and returns ,end of next. £549 here ,I just paid her £213 for this one, a large saveing!

I have just got the Rifle back from being reblued. Fabulouse job done here in the UK by a very reputable Gun company for £90 and that included postage!!!! Real deep deep blueing too. I considered a screw cut as they mentioned it ......... personaly ......... ABSOLUTE WASTE OF TIME .Imho thank you.!!!

The question is thus.........
I have used the scope but not enough to experiment on . It is an Elite 4200 8-32 x 40 AO etc.
Now I am going to Zero it tonight and was just wondering if you could tell me if I adjust the AO or zoom will my zero shift??
I shoot Rabbits on 6 (as of today got my 6th) Golfcourses here on Mud Island.
I have had this with a few cheaper scopes BUT have heard rumours that these quality optics don't . They hold their Zero,
Thanks guys , just wanted a heads up before I go out Banging away! :Blasting_
Good shooting
Axl

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JimHnSTL said:
in a word, ..................NO!! your zero will not shift, and if it does send it back. you have a very nice scope and i think you will be pleased with all functions of it. best of luck.
Well this is music to my ears!!! :t :t :t
I am zeroing at 30yds, and want my AO set @100yds and X14 zoom , looking at a target at this distance is a nightmare to say the least! A real blure ,obviously, without adjusting!
Cheers
Axl

·
Registered
600 Posts
My 4200 6-24 has had no problems with zero shift for the duration of the time I have owned it. You are right about the great optics. The blurry is part of high magnification. If you have high power your focus will need to be more precise to make them work correctly.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I checked mine and no change in impact on magnification. now you could possible get a change with the AO if you did not have it set correctly, but that's why they have AO because you have have a change then also. I just set mine to 50 yards when hunting anything around 100 yards and under, and use the AO till my eyes tells me it's focused when shooting groups

Clint

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to you all,
I got out last night and zero'd . I then spent the next 4 hours walking around and shooting rabbits with the lamp. I am very very pleased, it was very windy up on the golf course I shoot over and I got some real cracking shots! Went through at least 50 cartriges! I found no difference on the POI.
I am very pleased with the scope.
You would make a killing if you smuggled scopes here , I have not baught a single scope in this country , they are all from the states, so so so much cheaper.
Thanks guys,
Axl :t

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.