Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to pick up a mkII slab next week and would like to know if anyone had any good or bad things to say about the Burris SpeedDot 135.

Thanks.........lou   ???

PS, great forum.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
 louied
  Welcome ,dont know much
about speed dot.
 But nice choice on slab side,
I think you will be pleased.
 I have a aimpoint 3000 on mine
with power custom base and two
piece rings.Easier to change
between scope and reddot,than
with Ruger rings.

Goodluck & Goodshootin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Plinker
and thanks on the power custom base, I think that would be my best choice. I took a look @ the Leupold/Gilmore LG-35 two tone today, nice. (It would look sweet on top of my Kimber Custom CDP)
Since both the Burris & Leupold/Gilmore come W/ weaver style rings, I cant go wrong. I find when looking thru 1" RDs I close one eye, but keep both open W/ 30mm plus RDs. Maybe its my 47 year old eyes.
While I have my CC out, should I pick up the Titanium Extractor too.

lou   ;D

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
 Lou
I recommend an after market
extractor to everyone,either
PC or VQ.Save headaches later.
What ever reddot you choose
dont get to small of a dot,
you need to check them out
for yourself,everybodys eyes
are different.But the smaller
the dot the harder it is to
see in bright sunlight.

Goodluck & Goodshootin.

·
Registered
626 Posts
you can also try the multi-dot size. didnt think about bad eyes and small dots ??? i use the smallest dot size on mine and a polorizing filter in bright sun.
john

·
Registered
492 Posts
Have you looked at any other red dots? If not, look at Ultra Dots they are very nice also. I put one on my Neos and don't regret it at all. Burris make nice scopes so I would think that their Speeddot would also work well..
Good luck, CraigJS

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ive got 2 of 'em. good red dot sights, left one of 'em on for over 8 hrs the batt. still lasted me another month. The one thats been mounted on my 454 hows been through about 1500 rds with out a problem plus it went swiming in a lake sank to about 40 feet got it back 2 days later no problem, before the 454 it was on my AR. there the tuffest red dots ive come across.
I like the wider field of view over the Ultra dots.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a SPEED DOT 135 and have used it on multiple guns. It's currently on a T/C Hunter 14 30/30 barrel. It's also been on a SKS, a 357 Contender, a Mark I 22 Target, and a Remington 597 22LR.

All in all, a good red dot scope. It's handled the recoil of everything I've put it on and stll functions great. A good quality dot scope and will last thru many other swaps.

Only downside is the 1/2 MOA adjustments. That's why I use it on the shorter range stuff.

Joe

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.