Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Burris Outsourcing Fulfield 2s

422 6
Just found out that the burris fulfield 2 line is also being manufactured in the philippines too. I just initially thought only the timberline was assembled here. My friend has a coulple of samples though i was not able personally handle and scrutinize them. It's the 6-20x50 in ballistic mildot with AO down to 50.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh well, it was new to me. Are they any good? I'm thinking of getting one and am quite skeptical since they are being offered to me same price as the timberline. I don't have the luxury of seeing it first before purchasing it since i would be getting it thru mail and i can't return it if i don't want it unless i go directly to burris which would be quite a hassle. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
You could buy from Midway USA and as long as you do not mount it I believe they will take it back.

I recently bought one from them (a 2-7 x 35 bplex) and mounted it on a Remington mdl 7 KS in 350 rem mag. The gun, with scope weighs under 6 1/4 lbs. I load 225 gr Barnes TSX at 2715 fps and if the scope will hold up to the recoil of this little beast it should prove to be a good scope.
The only thing I do NOT like at all is that the power adjustment ring and focus ring are one in the same. It's way too easy to turn the focus ring while adjusting the power. A bit of a PITA.
The power adjustment ring is quite stiff as well---hopefully it will loosen up with use.

This scope came packaged in a box marked as being for shotgun/muzzleloader use. I had already mounted thescope BEFORE I noticed this. When I inquired at Midway about this I told then I had already mounted it before I noticed the shotgun/muzzloader markings on the box. They said they didn't think there was any difference in the factory paralax setting (or anything else) between it and any of the Burris rifle scopes. But to send it back if I wanted, though generally they won't accept a return after mounting.
I emailed Burris and found that Midway was correct--there is no difference. Burris also told me to sent it back to them if i wanted and that they would replace or refund, my choice. Great customer service from both companies!
Oh, by the way---I'm keeping it!

-Mike-

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
I was always impressed with the Fullfield II's. Great scopes and not too expensive. Don't remember where my first one was made, it got traded with the rifle that was wearing it.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Some of Burris's history and reasons to move operations to Philippines is explained in this link. The author talks about division of labor for the Burris Fullfield IIs, in that final QA inspection, testing, and boxing occurs in USA. That implies that the screw up of Burris fine plex scopes being shipped in boxes label with Ballistic Plex markings rests squarely on USA side of things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.