Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished the "Delta" modifications to the trigger on my MKII Gov. Model.....WOW!!!!!

I used the stock factory "target" trigger and added the pre-travel (external) and over travel (external) screws. I used 6-32 for both pre and over travel. Tapping the AL Ruger trigger was simple and my $200 Tractor Supply drill press did fine with the holes.

The crisp, clean "right there" trigger was well worth the $5 and 45min. I have invested in the trigger mods!!!!!

Thanks to Bullseye and Deltran for sharing their work (detailed in a stickey on MKII.org)

·
Registered
955 Posts
Cub, You don't sound like a machinist, and neither am I. However, I do have a drill press and had drilled different types of metal with it. How did you thread the holes, once they were bored? I've never done this before. Also, od you have a link to the mods that you did?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
http://www.markii.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=29

I'm not a machinist, but I do have some pretty well developed metal working skills. :)

The threads are cut with a 6-32 tap, available at any good hardware store. If you've never tapped a hole before you should practice some before doing the trigger. The basic principle is to drill an undersized hole (thread root diameter) and then cut threads into the outter surface of the holes with a tap (similar to a drill bit, but hand operated).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.