Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to be around the 1k mark for a accurate build.
Was considering the kidd super grade. With the drop down list on thier site for building it. Is thier other options/details to have done that aint in the drop down list?
If thier is another comparable builder I'd be open to suggestions.

·
Registered
520 Posts
How accurate?
Can I tell you a secret?

Good ammo shoots good.
Poopy ammo shoots as it is.
Great ammo shoots better.

Cant hit what you can’t see or dial for. Optics

Yes a good barrel on a tight vibration free action shoots better than most.

Floated or not it has to be secure and rattle free.

Dampeners and tuners work.

Clean, straight tolerances make things better and groups easier to achieve.

Sharp rifling and square sharp crowns

Tight square chambers.

Or if you could only blue print everything to quality ammo.

I don’t own a kid or a super volquartsan gun.

But they are from factory as good as you can get.

Order random stuff and let CPC put them together and square re aline fit everything.

Agin. How accurate do you need to be.

I cannot punch hole after hole in the hole at 25yds or 100yds but I will bang a 6” plate at 300yds all day.
Well if the wind isn’t blowing.

Cheers. A 10/22 is one of the deepest holes I have been down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,927 Posts
No there aren't other options that aren't in the drop-down list. The build options include I believe almost every part Kidd makes with the exception of stuff they make to upgrade existing 10/22 parts like their trigger kit. You can choose which receiver (silver/black), barrel (any of the ones they offer), trigger (single or 2 stage), mag release (flush/extended/sportsman lever), bolt (silver/black/matte/diamond pattern), charging handle (any), and Magpul X-22 Hunter (black/grey/fde), and rail (0/10/20 moa). I believe that's just about everything.

In that price range your not going to find any other 10/22 style rifles that are built using all aftermarket parts. There are other places that will build you a 10/22 style rifle but the only one's that I would choose over a Kidd are going to cost more. The other option is to do your own build and pick the parts you want. That may be cheaper, depending on what you choose. But that doesn't mean it will be more accurate. It's hard to go wrong with a Supergrade.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
There are a couple books floating around, that have been out for years,

One of those books discusses how threading the end of the barrel is the WORST thing you can do to a super accurate barrel..

So, if you believe that guy,, do not order the barrel threaded for a suppressor,, :eek:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bought my 10/22 on sale and took it home and got on the Kidd web site and started ordering parts. Got on Stockys and ordered a stock. Got it all put together a few weeks later and I'm really happy with the accuracy an the way it looks. No limit on what you can do with these things, but so addicting and I built 2 more. 50 yd target 5 shots.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
I was going to get a threaded barrel, is the accuracy loss a real thing? If so, how much loss in general?
What about dampners? Kidd have one in his?
I have not noticed any accuracy issues and I got the kidd dampners an polished my bolt on contact surfaces and rounded the back edge where the hammer contacts. My biggest problem was finding the right ammo. So much fun shooting this!:):gun4::gun4:

·
Premium Member
6,927 Posts
I was going to get a threaded barrel, is the accuracy loss a real thing? If so, how much loss in general?
What about dampners? Kidd have one in his?
I wouldn't bother getting a threaded barrel unless you think at some point you might be putting a suppressor on it. Not that I think it affects the accuracy (at least not on all rifles), I just don't see any other reason to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.