Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I finally finished my build the other day. I had a few teething problems with it jamming and I managed to put a small mark on the side of the barrel as one of the screws on the side of my Evolution was a couple mm too long. (but the mark is coverd by the stock so its ok) The rifle is working now no jamms. I think it just needed running in. These are the pictures

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Tactical Innovations matt black hard anodised receiver machined from a solid aircraft grade aluminium billet with mil spec Picatinny rail.

KID bolt buffer with integral torsion bar which gives excellent shock dampening on cycling..

KID 2 stage Match trigger assembly with multiple adjustments, a 50% lighter hammer for significantly faster lock-time, extended magazine release and automatic bolt release. With straight trigger blade in candy red

KID receiver pin kit with stainless steel pins and countersunk screws for a secure 'no movement' assembly of the trigger assembly to the receiver.

KID Precision match bolt, EDM extractor, breach face machined to correct head space (.043'), the rear face machined to correct firing pin protrusion (.040'), beveled firing pin and with the rear of the bolt radiused and hand polished for easier cocking and easier cycling.

Superior concepts charging handle and spring

Tactical Solutions .920 barrel Candy Red

RB Precision Evolution chassie

Three 7" rails for the sides and bottom

A full legnth scout rail for the top

UTG rail covers

Milspec A2 buffer tube

Magpul PRS Gen II buttstock

Accushot monopod with quick ajust button

DPMS Panther Target Grip with palm shelf

CCA Front 5 position folding foregrip

Eotech 512

GG&G Eotech Accuam

GG&G Eotech lense covers

Eotech Scope coat

Light weight Versa-pod weaver adapter

garyl43,
The thing on the front is a light and the handle type thing on the rear is a mono pod. When you put a bipod on you put that down and the rifle rests on all 3 points . This is a picture of one in use from the accushot site

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Morgan Walker,
Cheers :D. I am having a couple issues with it though. The TI reciever is 2mm shorter than the ruger on so it didnt fit snog at the back of the stock. I ended up filling the gap today. Also The Superior concepts bolt handle and spring causes jams for me. I cant work out why. Its as if rounds hit the bolt handle and jam in the ejection port. It is much better since I left the rifle cocked overnight . I think It took a little bit of the power out the spring.

Did you have any issues with jams?

Regards

Chris

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
:eek: :t:t :cool:

WOW, Chris! I'm feeling a little woozy from looking at that most beautiful Evo combo!:bthumb:

If you can have the TI 25rd mags, I'd highly recommend one, and you'd really see it's full potential unleashed...:Blasting_ :D

Highest Compliments on an excellent creation, and glad to hear the good review! It takes just a litttle getting used to, after using a factory stock, and going to an Evo, but the results are uncomparable, and a huge improvement!:t:t

·
Registered
322 Posts
Chris

Just noticed which handle you got on there, for some reason I was under the impression that you had the more run of the mill style

guy at my club was having some problems with his, rounds slammed shut in the bolt, but had turned right around etc, far too far for it to be ejection problems

was that handle, appeared to be knocking them back into the chamber every now and then

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers for the info Tony,
I think I have it sorted now. Did 300 rounds tonight with about 5 diffrent mags and no jams. It was just the spring on the bolt handle needed running in. It was a little stiff to start however is good now. I think Im going to put a scope on it though. The Eotech is good for PP1 but not for target. However it is an excuse to buy another gun for the target shooting. Hmmmm .22 Spikes tactical AR15 sounds good to me :D I best get saving then

All the best

Chris

·
Registered
561 Posts
Chris,

I did have issues with my Evo and jam's, but I simply resolved them with a process of elimination. My bolt was the issue, but you are on the right track with your charging handle too. Possibly the tension you have on the barrel and the receiver, but again its differnt with each build. All I can do is wish the best of luck...

Morgan

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.