Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Buckmark Standard Stainless

572 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  NoOne1
I live in South Florida and am looking to buy a standard in stainless steel. I have gone to the west palm beach and fort lauderdale gun shows and have to this day never seen a buckmark of any variety in stainless. What is going on. Has anyone seen a buckmark in stainless????? I haven't even seen them for sale online. Is browning not making many of them or something?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
I have personally seen a stainless camper and maybe a standard I forget exactly, but they were stainless. I saw them at the gunshop in town I less frequent because the guys there aren't very helpful/knowledgeable yet have the uppity attitude and uppity prices.

· Registered
7 Posts
I just chatted with a VERY nice lady (Im sorry, but I forget her name) over at customer service for Browning. I was asking about the availability of the Buckmark Standard Stainless and it appears I am not the only one to have a query on this matter. From what I have gathered, they had to rework something in the slide back and they do not have an ETA yet. So availabilities of these are still at least a month, if not more, away.
So the question to myself becomes, do I just get the blued standard or wait for the stainless....

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NoOne1 said:
I just chatted with a VERY nice lady (Im sorry, but I forget her name) over at customer service for Browning. I was asking about the availability of the Buckmark Standard Stainless and it appears I am not the only one to have a query on this matter. From what I have gathered, they had to rework something in the slide back and they do not have an ETA yet. So availabilities of these are still at least a month, if not more, away.
So the question to myself becomes, do I just get the blued standard or wait for the stainless....
I am in the same boat. I origionally want a standard stainless and want to add the tru-glo front site. But have been looking for them for two months now. So the question is to wait or buy a different one. I have seen a dealer that has the john browning/nra 1 or 2500 ones. They are $420, come with the tru-glo front site, black wood grips instead of rubber and nra/john browning signiature on the side of the barrel but are stainless steel. It's not what I want, but have been considering going to either a blued or nickle one out of desperation. I guess I will see what pops up at the next gun show, but the question is, do I wait (which is starting to seem like an eternity) or just buy a different version. Like the blued standard with truglo site and wood grips or a plain blued standard or nickle. I would buy the nickle but never liked the rough look. I have also heard the standard stainless, that only the barrel is stainless and the slide is nickle and the frame is blued?

· Registered
7 Posts
jimmy123x said:
I am in the same boat. I originally want a standard stainless and want to add the tru-glo front site. But have been looking for them for two months now. So the question is to wait or buy a different one. ...
Give Browning a call. The more people who express interest, the sooner they will get them out. The last call, they still had no ETA but the Lady said she would know in two weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.