Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Buckmark sight-rail screws

1050 4
This post is mainly to find out if any of you guys need the screws. Size is 8-36X7/16" Flat Socket alloy(hardened) black oxide. The 7/16" length is all that I could find. These will be long enough for the rear screw, but probably on stock barrels/rails the proper length should be 3/8" for the front, thus, in these applications a small amount will have to be ground off the end of the screw, which is why I will include an 8-36 nut to reform the threads from grinding. With aftermarket rails that are thicker than stock, these should fit fine, unless you have a very thick rail! I have a B-square rail, and tac sol barrel, and did not have to grind the front screw at all.The standard rear screw length should be 1/2", maybe Chim or others know for sure. Remember, any flat head screw is measured total length, including the head. Wrench size is 3/32" hex. I'm just trying to help some fellow buckmark owners out. PM me for any other info, price, etc.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,937 Posts
Thanks for the info.!

It's always good to know the sizes. I've looked for blackened screws before for a folding AK stock but was unable to find them at True Value, Home Depot, etc. Did you happen to locate them in a chain type store? Did you also look for washers?

Thanks again

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I work in a fastener warehouse. I tried to get 3/8" and 1/2" lengths on the above particular screw, but these fine thread sizes are a little difficult to get through our normal suppliers, all I could find was the 7/16" length. If you are talking about the washer that fits the screw, it is a countersunk external tooth lock washer, which I could probably find somewhere. The black colors are a bit tougher to get through home supply centers. You might try a fastner business, they might help you out, but alot of places have a minimum. If you are very lucky, sometimes they will just give you stuff for free, if it is only a few pieces.

· Registered
607 Posts
This post is mainly to find out if any of you guys need the screws. Size is 8-36X7/16" Flat Socket alloy(hardened) black oxide. The 7/16" length is all that I could find. These will be long enough for the rear screw, but probably on stock barrels/rails the proper length should be 3/8" for the front, thus, in these applications a small amount will have to be ground off the end of the screw, which is why I will include an 8-36 nut to reform the threads from grinding. With aftermarket rails that are thicker than stock, these should fit fine, unless you have a very thick rail! I have a B-square rail, and tac sol barrel, and did not have to grind the front screw at all.The standard rear screw length should be 1/2", maybe Chim or others know for sure. Remember, any flat head screw is measured total length, including the head. Wrench size is 3/32" hex. I'm just trying to help some fellow buckmark owners out. PM me for any other info, price, etc.
good info! BUMP! (it took me awhile to find)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.