Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried out one of the Buckmark rifles and put it through it's paces? I have seen some pictures of them and did not think too much of them and then last weekend at a gun show I got to pick up and handle the target model. After looking it over I came away impressed, it is quite a slick handling rifle and looks to be of good quality. I would like to know how good they perform.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The most fun .22 I've ever owned. I have the sport version and I think it weighs in at less than 5 lbs. Put a BSA Red Dot on it and its the fastest pointing, .22 I've ever owned. Benched it at 50 yds and got consistent 1.5 inch groups . The bull barrel would probably do better, but I like the light weight.
This is an extremely unique carbine.
Bill

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill, the one I looked at had a carbon fiber barrel and although it looked like a heavy barreled gun it came in well under five lbs, all I know is that it was very light. I can see why you like the Buckmark it is one of the rare guns that when you pick it up and shoulder it will leave a smile on your face. I know after handling it I came away thinking that it is one neat gun. The accuracy you are getting is pretty good, being based on the Buckmark pistol they should have potential. Thanks for the info Bill.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I just got back from the Prarie Dog Kill- & my buckmark HB had a Leupold 1x-4x mounted on it & I shot Velocitors & Stingers. The Velocitors didn't make the dogs explode just put them down. The stingers did well(surprisingly) in the high wind I encountered on one of our days. The Buckmark was great as a walking gun & anything 100yards & under was dead with this combo. A great gun & quick to point & shoot.:t

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.