Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to use my Buckmark for IPSC practice but the safety is quite uncomfortable when using the high grip and the button for mag release is too small. Does anyone make comp parts for these guns?

·
Registered
635 Posts
I helped my safety this way.Find some black 8/32 machine screws.get the allen head style which comes in either an oval head or another type (can't remember the name)which is taller. Get a 8/32 tap and a #29 drill bit. Hand drill the release button in the gun ,holding the gun so the chaff falls away w/o getting into the mechanism.Tap threads into the hole.I actually bought 2 taps so I could grind down the end of one to make a 'bottom' tap. Cut off the shank of the screw so it only has about 4-5 threads.Screw it into the release button.My drilling and threading was imperfect enough so that there was a tiny bit of resistence when screwing in so I haven't needed any loctite.Used the oval head screw w/ standard grips and the taller head screw w/ factory target grips. Now both Buckamrks feel just like my Beretta Elite II w/ it's extended mag release.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Buckmark - Configured For Ipsc/idpa Prctice

what's up fellas?

i feel your pain or should i say "used to"?

got sick and tired of waiting for someone to come up with something, so i did it myself.

my pre-92 buckmark now sports the following parts: extended slide stop, extended and contoured safety, and exteded / oversized mag release button.

can't post pics here at rfc, but click link below to view pics of mods.

http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=62&t=91615

i can send pics to someone here at rfc for attaching, if more people are interested.

enjoy and long live the buckmark!!!

·
Registered
850 Posts
1 part aluminum + mini-mill+"if you want something done right..."

not really rocket science:

all i did was machine some new tabs/levers out of aluminum stock, then disassembled my stock browning slide stop and safety, then re-assembled the slide stop and safety using my "custom" parts.

getting the rough shape is not hard and can be done using files and rotary tools (dremel). the tough part is machining the pocket on the new tabs/levers where you re-attach it to the oem browning parts. it can be done with a dremel, if you're lucky enough to get your hands on a 1/16th end mill and if your hands are steady enough. i wish you luck if you want to go down that path. having a mill brings down the difficulty rating tenfold.

for the mag release, it's straight forward drill and tap, thread on extension.

i plan on making a small lot of parts for a couple of local buddies with buckmarks. just for kicks and if it's cheap enough, i'll get a couple of the tabs anodized so we can add some individuality to our pistols. i'll take some pics of the first lot and let you guys know how they turn out. should be cool.

hope, i answered most of your questions. if not, click here where i expand on the subject just a little bit more...

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87052&page=3&pp=15

-rusty22

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.