Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted a 22 autoloader handgun. I looked at the 45/22 and the browning Buck Mark Camper. I liked the grip more on the browning so that’s the one I bought. I took it out to my property in the foothills and it shot like a top, not on failure of any kind.

My question is I don't see a lot of people suggesting the camper. Is this because it is not much to look at (I just wanted an accurate field gun) or am I going to want more in the future.

I have not had the chance to shoot groups with the gun yet but I was able to hit clay pigeons at 25 yards without much effort.

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
514 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase! I don't believe we were actually snubbing the camper model. Personally I like the features on the buckmark so much I just tell people to consider them all. Find which one works the best for you and buy it! I love my buckmark.

I think the reason there's not a lot of talk about the camper is the bunch of us on here that like to talk prefer the more "flashier" models. Nothing wrong with a good utilitarian design like the camper though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thnaks

I just wanted make sure that the higher end Brownings did not have features that I would be missing in a field gun (outside of finish). It worked great no matter what ammo I threw at it. Mainly Winchester and Federal Walmart bulk ammo.

If I wanted to put a red dot scpoe on my Camper. What scope would be the best for shooting up to 50 yards. And is the b-square a good scope mount choice. I would like to keep the scope and mount under $300.

Thanks agian

Tom

·
Registered
321 Posts
Aspen

I personally wouldn't put any Buckmark 'down'.I'm like BigMac,I love mine.I've got the 'Field' model.The reason I bought this model is because I wanted to do the exact same thing that you want to do,put a red dot on it.This model already has a Weaver rail installed,just bolt on the sight.:t

·
Registered
514 Posts
Sorry, don't know a thing about the B-Square mount for the buckmark. I know Weigand sells a really good one. It came wiht my VQ barrel.

The higher end guns do have a trigger with adjustments for weight and overtravel. I never had to mess with mine though. I liked the trigger straight out of the box.

And as hapnin pointed out, many of the higer models come with a weaver base already installed.

But yours is still a very good pistol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the Camper and like it. I learned later the front sight and top rail are PLASTIC, not metal, like all the other buckmarks. I ordered a metal replacement for both, from Browning, and replaced them.

A Browning Tech person told me the barrels for the buckmark are made in 8' lenghts, and they just cut to proper length for all the buckmarks, so the Camper and Target have the same barrel tolerances, etc. just length different.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.