Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I picked up my Model 13 tonight.Its in a little better condition than the 12.Doesnt have an adjustable trigger,but has the PH7 sight.The slide on this rear sight releases with a small lever,and it has the tube front sight with insert.The barrel is still 29" but much lighter than the 12.There is a sling stud located on the barrel and 2 on the forestock.Also a small threaded brass disk,perhaps a mount for an insert case.I think this gun will be much easier to hold offhand.I'll find out on Sunday.I hope to start a collection of these wonderful old .22s They are very well made and the first one I bought shot very well.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congratulations!

Model 13's are seldom seen and more seldom parted with... BSA's sporter rifle of that pre WWI era and the time immediately following. The only one I've actually handled and shot had a 26" 'medium' weight barrel and a BSA tang sight. These shoot very well if not mauled by several generations of shooters - right in the same league as the target weight Martinis, but a couple of pounds less make them much more handy for field use and offhand shooting.
My-O-My, I _Do_ get on about these old hingeblocks = Love em!:D Got 4 myself and always looking for more.;)

OBTW: that threaded brass disk is probably the base for the brass pillbox that hold extra front sight inserts - they are usually screwed onto the bottom of the forestock or the base of the pistolgrip on later models - they are usually held on by 2 screws.

Enjoy the 13. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.