Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these scopes good quality? Saw some, I think they are 4-16X50 and 6-24X50 for sale at $130 - $140 apiece. (I don't even know if they are adjustable objective or not.) Been thinking of getting something a little better, and higher magnification than my Tasco for a Marlin 880SQ.

· Registered
16,533 Posts
The early BSAs were really nice scopes, for the most part they were manufactured in Japan. Then they moved production to China and the quality went downhill. I had a Contender 36X that was "ok" but I also had a Classic 4X12-50 that was the worst piece of garbage I've ever owned. I gave it to my ex-father-in-law! (just kidding). You would be much better off looking at some different scopes. Bushnell makes a Banner 6x18-50 A/O that is a really nice scope for the money. About 129.00 at Walmart.
Much better optics than BSA and made in Korea.
Check the other posts on this forum and find out which scopes the other guys are using.

I personally have two Simmons. two Bushnells, two Tascos, three Weavers ,and a Lymon........no BSAs! JL

· Registered
16,533 Posts
Petey, err, change that "o" to an "a". Been a long week!

80 MONZTA,
Your best bet is to stay away from Chinese optics. Some have had good luck with them, but most have not. There will no doubt be others who post with nothing but praise for their Chinese scopes.
I learned from the guys who know optics here on RFC. They might seem like a good deal, but your taking your chances buying them. JL

· Premium Member
12,486 Posts
80 MONZTA:

Give your best buddy the $140. you were going to spend on the BSA. Then have him give you $80 back. You will have duplicated the results of:

1. Buying the BSA.
2. Realizing you had made a mistake.
3. Selling it on Ebay.

And, you will have saved time and made your buddy happy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.