Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Browning Trombone

682 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  M2HB
I've sorta started a 22 pump collection. Found a couple of Browning Trombones for sale at $375 each. One is threaded for a silencer and has a nut protecting the threads. the other has a tang sight plus a barrel mounted scope. I'm not familiar with the Trombone other than usually the ones I've seen available were high grade engraved examples.
So before I take the plunge and buy one I'd appreciate any info out there.
I did notice they resemble a Winchester 61 to an extent but have a u shaped slide bar it appears like a remington 121.
I'd guess they are well made rifles being FN Brownings etc.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
15,081 Posts
Well, those two sound like "shooters" and they are priced as such.Personally,for a "collection" of pumps,as opposed to an "accumulation" of pumps,I would try to get an unaltered one and pay the extra bucks-it will also be easier to sell later on should you so decide.

· Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trombone

Camster, You're right. I've started an accumulation of rimfire pumps to shoot!
Guess I'll check out the 2 Brownings carefully and jump on one. The tand sight/scope combination appeals to me for some reason. Probably old eyes are influencing the decision! LOL!!

· Registered
236 Posts
Browning pumps go for around £50 to £150 in England so the importer should have a bit of give in his price. Wish I could find out how difficult it is to ship these old guns to the US as at those prices I could save you guys a few $$.

· Registered
2,482 Posts
Browning did offer the Trombone through the custom shop a few years ago, for a pretty substantial price. Seems like they were in the $2K range, but had beautiful wood and some engraving. The first new production I had seen offered in many years. From what I've seen, they have a decent following in the US.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.