Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my American today and *gasp!* dry fired it. I thought, "hmmm...something's not right...the trigger..."

Sure enough, I just went through the envelope that has the Brookie's trigger kits in it - I have three CZs - a Special, a Scout, and an American (all .22lr). Turns out I never installed the kit in the American - got caught up in shooting the Special and just never got around to it. Just one pull of a dry fire *gasp!* and I could tell the difference!

The Scout and the Special have near-perfect triggers. After this evening, the American will too!

·
Premium Member
2,245 Posts
That's funny, because I did the exact same thing (sans dry firing) two days ago. :D

I have two Ultra Lux's, and a restocked American in .17hmr with an adjustable sear. I have yet to fire either of the Ultra Lux's, but I put ghost ring sights on one, and a BKL mount on the other. I have been waiting to afford some glass.

Well, I thought I had put trigger springs in all three last fall, but I finally got a scope, and after I put it on, I put the trigger pull gauge to it. I thought I had the safety on :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyway, turns out I hadn't changed the spring on that one, and YES, they do work, exceptionally well.

On Sunday, I took one of the heavier springs to a friend of mine who just got a 452, but knows nothing of the internet and Eric Brooks. We didn't have a chance to put it in before Easter dinner, but he called me later that evening and raved about how great the spring worked.

So far 4 CZ's much improved from the two trigger kits that I bought :t

I do find that every spring I have used has actually acheived a lighter pull than listed on the card. I actually had to use the heaviest spring to get the .17hmr with the adjustable sear back up to 1 pound, as when I got it it was set for about 3 ounces :eek: :eek: , way too light for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just installed the kit myself. Took literally 5 minutes, and I was dreading the job, having had..."interesting" experiences in the past, with things like fishing reels, etc.

What a piece of cake.

I used the spring marked 1.5lbs, and the pull feels about that. More impressive to me, though, than the lighter pull is what the sleeve does to that awful creep.

On a scale of 1-5 prior to the kit, I'd give my CZ452 a rating like this, as a really *tough* grader:

accuracy:3.8-4.0
trigger: 2
value: 4.5

Now:

trigger: 4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.