Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 452 American about a month ago and it came in with the stock broken at the wrist right behind the tang. Called Ron Shirk Shooter's Supply where I ordered it and they say it's shipping damage ( I don't think so, no damage to box or anything) and to call UPS to pick it up for inspection. When they get the rifle back , they send me another. 2 weeks after receiving the first one I get another. Stock broken, same place. Ron Shirk says send it back and when we receive it we'll send you another. Patience wearing a little thin at this point. Another 2 week wait forthcoming. Has anyone else seen these stocks broken at the wrist, or am I just unlucky? Or is it actually shipping damage?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think that is a good reason to support your local gun shop rather than order one from somebody else. You look at the rifle you buy, and there is no question of what the condition is. Would have saved a lot of time rather than messing around sending guns back and forth. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
242 Posts
DP,
Why couldn't you just send the stock back? You wouldn't have to mess with ffl stuff and if someone was intentionally damaging guns, they may miss the smaller lighter box next time. What is the wood grain like at the wrist on those? Unless it flows the wrong way, it should be quite hard to break. Hope you get it straightened out soon!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
5mm, although it probably doesn't matter, I'd rather have a rifle with the originally fitted stock. I did tell the guy if he'd knock $100 off the price I'd keep it and make my own **** stock for it, but he wouldn't go for that, either. If I really like this rifle that's probably what I'll do anyway. My opinion is that these came from the factory broken. It looks like the tang was forced into an undersized opening and that just caused the wood to separate at that point. A triangular shaped piece broke off on either side of the tang, it wasn't split through. Or maybe the wood was green when the rifle was assembled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.