Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Brno 456 target rifle pictures

8320 Views 24 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  j.r. guerra in s. texas
Brnomann had sent me a small packet of information on Brno 456 rifles. With his kind permission, I took pictures of these rifle flyers, so that at least we all have a visual of what each model looks like. I don't know how they will appear, so bear with me - they will likely be large.

Editted later: Okay, I'll type in specs. for these rifles. Metric system of course, so to get lengths in inches, divide by 25.4 to convert millometers to inches. Kilogram conversion is muliply by 2.2 to get pounds. (I can hear the snickering in the back - you folks bucking for detention? :p :D )

Brno 456 LUX MI:
Overall length: 1080 mm
Barrel: 630mm.
Weight: 3.1 kg.
Distance between sights: 520mm

Brno 456 ST MATCH:
Overall length: 1160 mm
Barrel length: 700 mm
Weight: 4.5 kg.
Distance between sights: 840 mm.

My apologies on this picture - the flyer was a glossy, so caught the flash from camera.

Brno 456 LK:
Overall length: 1080 mm.
Barrel length: 625 mm.
Weight: 3.6 kg.
Distance between sights: 590 mm.

Brno 456 L:
Overall length: 1145 mm.
Barrel length: 700 mm.
Weight: 4.60 kg.
Distance between sights: 660 mm.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I remember next week, I'll type up some of the specifications for those rifles. They aren't hard on the eyes, I'll agree.

Wonder if those stocks would fit the CZ 452 - they are very similar guns, are they not?

· Registered
1,169 Posts
It all started with the 456L, too many of them were stored long-term.
- In good shape.... sold as-is.
- Minor damage to the fore-end and muzzle.... cut off the muzzle, recrown, reshape fore-end and call it LK.
- Major damage to stock only... put in new stock (same supplier an the Tau airgun) and call it ST-Match
- Moderate damage to stock AND out side surface of metal... cut, recrown, slim down barrel, braze on front swivel to barrel, modify stock and call it Lux Mi (for Micro sight, there are other versions from differing degrees of modification)

· Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mr_Christopher said:
So who owns one of these and does Bronman have some to sell?

Chris
I own a LUX MI - thats the initial reason I asked Brnomann about them, and he sent me these pamphlets. As to does he have some / one for sale - que Brnomann.

Try a search - I posted a coupla pics of the rifle.

· Registered
2,283 Posts
Heres a Tau/Brno S200 Airgun...

with a universal beech stock very similar to the target model. I use this rifle in league and have done fairly well. Its not quite the rifle as an FWB, Walther or Anschutz, but pretty **** good.

· Registered
26 Posts
I have 2 #1's and a #2 as well as a #3 and #4. I''ve never shot the #3. I got it after cataracts started and my vison never returned to the point of being able to critically evaluate accuracy.
The #4 has only been shot with a scope but it will group in an inch if I'm having a good day:Weaver T-16. A friend had one of the "Olympic" 456 's but has since sold it.

· Registered
442 Posts
Brno/CZ - Walther rifles rimilarity

Silly Mike. Good observation. Model KK100 is Walther rifle not a Brno or CZ. For decades Brno/Cz had wery close love-hate relation with Walther company and some of the dsign features and design philosophy were "shared or borrowed" Walther receiver design is wery similar to Brno/Cz but parts (except safety lever) mostly are not interchangeble. Front globe sight is typical Walther. Stocks for Walther rifles are mostly made in Czech Republic by the same company which manufacture them for AERON/TAU. It is possible however that walther actions were made by CZ (Cheap Czech labor in comparison with Germany).

· Registered
117 Posts
The receiver and bolt of the KK100 are the only parts of the rifle that resemble the CZ 452. The rest of the KK100 is pure Walther. While I would say to check, most spare parts of the KK100 receiver do fit the 452. ( I am unsure about the trigger, as the Walther model is much better and has more adjustment that the CZ version). I Have just converted a 452 to single shot, using the spring follower of the KK100. The point is mute, however, as it seems the KK100 in no longer available, although may still be produced. It was virtually impossible to get spare parts even when it was available. A shame as it was a good entry level prone rifle that could have been converted to benchrest. I have emailed Walther on a number of occasions to ask for more information/ help, but it seems they do not want to know!!!!!!

· Registered
442 Posts
Brno/Cz vs Walther

Based on Walther's lack of response and interest and short production run of this model I believe that this is or was another design/patent rights dispute between those companies. Similar issues and lawsuits between them happened few times in past (example is Brno Model #3 set trigger called "STECHER"). It is intresting that even Brno/CZ factory designers and stores using term Walther safety when they talk about ZKM 452 safety mechanism...

· Registered
3,683 Posts
Time for a revival...

with a universal beech stock very similar to the target model. I use this rifle in league and have done fairly well. Its not quite the rifle as an FWB, Walther or Anschutz, but pretty **** good.

Dan...do you still have this air rifle? I'm curious about learning some more about them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.