Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I have a # 4 that I bought back in '97 NIB that was made in 1958. It's a smooth action, smoother that a 452, and accurate, very, accurate. The craftsmanship on the metal work is superb. I'd put them in a class with a 52 Winchester of the same vintage, and that's saying a lot because I love the 52 Winchesters. The BRNO trigger isn't in the same class as the 52C--but the BRNO like the 452, the trigger can be made to be very good, and it can be done easily. They are a quality rifle. I bought mine thinking I'd make a high grade sporter out of it--but since it was new I couldn't bear to change it. I just added it to my target rifle collection as a mint specimen. I wouldn't sell it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I picked one up recently, and haven't even had a chance to see what it can do yet. There is a "tuner" under the forestock... do you know how to make adjustments to it for accuracy?

****, that barrel is long! :D

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Green,
I think you will be very happy with your #4. I got mine just to shoot an accurate .22 at 100yds. It consistantly shoots under 1" at 100yds. on sandbags over the hood of my old Blazer. Mine was fairly modified when I got it from Kid10/22. I haven't had this much fun shooting a gun since I got my first BB gun.

Best wishes, Macc

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I adjusted the tuner on mine to the relaxed position and it shot very well with match ammo like that. I have never really sat down and played with it, but I'm sure there is an advantage to using the tuner with some other ammo. I shot Eley Tenex in mine. Actually, my rifle has less than 300 rounds thru it! I just don't have the time to shoot as much as I'd like. But, I will say that I'm satisfied with the way mine shoots. I'm sure you'll like yours. I'd start out with the tuner putting no tension on the barrel and play with it to see if the groups improved. As in any tuner, it takes a while and a lot of ammo to find the sweet spot!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No doubt!

I have just mounted a scope, and am waiting for a chance to sight in, and then see what it will do. I was pleasantly suprised to learn that the regular CZ mags fit it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
green said:
Whatdya guys think about #4's?

How do they stack up against the other brnos and Cz's?

Curious to know. New vs old ?
From memory, #4's and #5's where just variations of the same theme. I believe the 4 & 5 used the model #1 action with different barrel and stock combos. Perhaps someone can expand on this?

PS: They all shoot well. :t

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.