Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son and I had our 10/22 ( All Weather Model) out twice this weekend. Put 200 rounds through at the indoor range we belong to. Adjusted the Bushnell 3-9X 40mm scope and got it pretty much right on shooting from the bench at 25 yards. Tried a few shots at 50 and discovered we need more practice at that range.

Today we tried a local outdoor reage as we have never shot outside. There were no chairs there so we had to shoot either hunched over with elbows on the table or, for better results, leaning agasinst the roof supports. Need lots more practice at 50 yards. We had good groups at 25 yards however.

A note on ammo, we have shot 400 rounds of Winchester Super X 40 grain Power Point without a single problem. Using 250 rounds of CCI Blazer 40 grain has produced 3 misfire/stovepipes. I guess this is not suprizing as the CCI costs half what the Winchester ammo costs.

Our cleaning process has been a squirt of Hoppes #9 down the barrel and 3 pulls of a bore snake to clean. We still need to figure out a way to get an oily patch through to avoid using a rod. Used a rag and brush to clean the action and brush to clean the metalic parts of the magazine.

In summary, our third session of shooting the 10/22 confirmed our initial thinking, the 10/22 is a fun gun that is a solid performer right out of the box. The reality is that the gun shootes better than we are capable of.

One reason we picked the 10/22 was the availability of aftemarket modifications. In terms of appearance, we are thinking of a "military" look to it by adding a muzzle brake/flash hider and a handguard. For handling I would like to add the extended mag release and automatic bolt holdback.

Thanks to the excellent information all you 10/22 fans shared here we selected the right firearm for our needs. Thank you all.

·
Registered
636 Posts
After you've finished shooting for the day, oil the bore with the boresnake. I put some solvent on the front, and a moderate amount of oil on the tail. One pull and it's good to go. Before you shoot the next time out, put some solvent on the front (if you want), pull the boresnake through (without oil on the tail) and you should be good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.