Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering others break-in methods regarding rimfire 22s.
How many shots and when to clean or not to clean. Gonna shoot paper with my new varmit. Also I've seen several quotes on groups that folks are shooting. Can I assume we are talking center to center or outside edge? Nobody really says!

Great posts on the sight! Thanks for all the info!

GOV

"If it lays flat and holds still we'll print on it!"

·
Premium Member
2,945 Posts
I have a varmint also. Most people are quoting center to center, (measure outside edges and subtract paper hole size.)
Let us know what you have for optics on your varmint and all the mods that you do on it. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The consensus for breaking in a .22 rimfire is to take it out and shoot the dickens out of it. Nothing else needed.

Groups are measured center to center. A set of calipers is all you need. Do it like described above. Remember that when you read about a rifle that will shoot .25" groups "all day long" what that usually means is that the rifle once shot a .25" group. Your CZ should shoot some really tight groups down in the 3s or lower, but it will probably average about .5" or a little less with good ammo--which is excellent for a sporter rifle. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.