Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Brand new

630 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  OldSwede
Hello,
I'm new to posting here but have read here for a while. I just picked up my first .22lr pistol today, a Ruger MKII target with 5.5" bull barrel. It's a nice little gun that I've wanted for some time and I finally got it. I've got some plans for it to be a better pistol with some aftermaket parts. I also have a Marlin model 60 that I've had for about 15 years that still shoots great. Well that's it for now, later.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
157 Posts
Welcome. My Dad has the Mk II, and eventually put a Red Dot sight on it. Howver, it became a bit heavy for him, so he may go with a different optical sight soon. I've had a Browning Buckmark. I liked it, but got rid of it for other things on the wish list ;-)

Mike Doerner

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I went to shoot the MKII today and I'm very pleased with it. I shot 36gr Federal JHP bulk stuff and it jamed 4 times. I'll clean it and try some different ammo. But all around I'm pleased. I plan on adding a Tru-Glo front sight, Houge grips and getting some extra mags, man my thumbs hurt from loading the two that came with it over and over. It grouped pretty good. I went to an indoor range over in Augusta,GA( I'm right across the river from Augusta) I shot at 25', 33' and 50'. I shot the best groups at 33'. I plan on mostly target work and cans for this pistol, but I might use it for varmits up close and I now know I could hit 'em with it. When I get a chance I'm heading to the clay pit to try some 100yrd shooting with it!

· Registered
87 Posts
I put the Volquartsen "Orthopedic" grip on mine and it really changed the character. Feels more like my S&W 41 now.
Even before the grip it was very capable of "minute of turtle head"
Get the Patchworm for general cleaning, but practice taking it apart and getting it back together again too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.