Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And brought her home for a good cleaning. I did find out that the gun was just recently "reblued" which surprised me a little, but the blue job was VERY well done and extremely professional. Cleaned out the bore, inner tube, internals, bolt assembly, etc, and wiped her down good. It looks LIKE NEW now! I am REALLY IMPRESSED! Sorry, but I do NOT have a digital camera, or I would post pictures. I will be taking her out either tomorrow or Wednesday to see how she performs and I will let you know. I am so glad I picked this little 512-p up for $95. I know the "reblue" effects the "collecter" value on the gun, but I will tell you that I don't care one bit either. It looks just about exactly as she did when she was new, and if she shoots that well, I will have got one heck of a bargain for $95 period. The dating code on the barrel is WTT. I haven't looked it up yet on the sticky, but I will as soon as I get done posting this. Pre-serial number, of course. Can anyone confirm what year the WTT code is?

· Registered
4,029 Posts
Yup, August 1948, and $95 is a bargain!! Matter of fact, any 5-teen series rifle, starting with the 510, thru the 521 is a bargain in that price range. I've seen some folks post about low prices but I've been "collecting" the old 5-teen rifles for quite a while and if you get a nice one under $150, better jump on it. I have 2 510's, 2 511's, 2 512's, a 513T, and 2 521's, and I'll buy all I can find at a price like yours :D . I don't consider the 514 to be a genuine 5-teen series as it has a different action/bolt than the others. It is a nice inexpensive plinker with real steel/walnut construction but doesn't measure up to the other 5-teens. Congrats on your find :t .

· Registered
260 Posts
Glad you got a good deal ,i'm envious as i just started collecting old Remingtons and am looking for a 512 so i know you made a grear find.I just bought a 514 in near new condition for $115.00 but as Nobody said it don't have the beehive bolt so is not as desirable.Good shooting with your new piece. Gn Luver

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.