Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I went out and bought a SP22 M1. First impression is that it feels good in the hand. The trigger didn't impress me, it has quite a bit of creep but it does break nice and clean. I shot it both suppressed and not. First I shot it un-suppressed. The first magazine the trigger would not reset throughout the whole mag. Moved on to the second mag and it functioned perfect. Every mag after that fuctioned without a failure. I then screwed the suppressor on and it also functioned flawlessly with it on. Total I shot 60 rds un-suppressed and 200 suppressed (50 of these were with subsonics). From about 10 meters away, standing I could keep all the shots within a 4in. circle. Overall, I would say that I'm very satisfied. One thing though, if your going to use a P22 thread adapter, your going to have to sand, grind, or machine the end plate that goes around the muzzle to make it thinner so that the thread adapter can screw all the way in.

Heres a pic to better explain what to modify for a P22 thread adapter. Also your not going to be able to use the barrel wrench to tighten the adapter. You"ll have to use pliers or something.

I did a couple things more to my SP22. For one I took the mag safety out (I cant stand mag safeties). To remove the mag safety you have to take the frame apart. I also put a small screw on the top of the trigger to remove alot of the pre-travel, I took out as much pre-travel as I could to still allow reset of the trigger. The trigger is now acceptable. Pics below.

·
Registered
8,984 Posts
I believe Crete said it first................Why does Walther have to make these pistols so complicated? I notice the breech face is recessed to hold a case firmly in position and I wonder how the extractor pivots. How is ejection direction? How does it shoot? How are the sights? Any problems? Can you it the broad side of a barn with it? Looks like a normal coiled hammer spring design that won't break and possibly has a mechanical advantage designed in. M1911

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe Crete said it first................Why does Walther have to make these pistols so complicated? I notice the breech face is recessed to hold a case firmly in position and I wonder how the extractor pivots. How is ejection direction? How does it shoot? How are the sights? Any problems? Can you it the broad side of a barn with it? Looks like a normal coiled hammer spring design that won't break and possibly has a mechanical advantage designed in. M1911
It ejects with authority to the right, doesn't have any ejection problems. It shoots good, I just shot 550 fed. bulk today without a single problem. The sights kinda suck, but it is accurate (not as accurate as my ruger mkIII though). I bet it would be even better with better sights. Thats correct on the hammer spring, I doubt its going to break. And I doubt the slide is ever going to break, its made of steel.

·
Registered
435 Posts
My only real complaint has been the sites. For now I used a little white paint and a steady hand and put some white dots on mine. I'd lke to get the Truglo Sites I've seen advertised as an accessory when they come out.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My only real complaint has been the sites. For now I used a little white paint and a steady hand and put some white dots on mine. I'd lke to get the Truglo Sites I've seen advertised as an accessory when they come out.
Your right, I forgot to mention that the sights aren't that great. I'll have to get some news ones as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.