Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for fun and because people are always asking what kind of accuracy can I expect from a out-of-da-box 10/22 I figured I would try. This has all original parts which includes the horrible 8-10lb trigger pull. I did mount a Simmons 4X scope. I started off shooting at 25yds with Win Dynapoint to get it close to zero and then moved it out to 50yds and fired 10rnds of Wolf MT. It's not an ideal day for accuracy testing with the wind blowing like it is but I had to do some shooting. The farthest points measure 1 3/8 inch.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Fully and TRULY free float that barrel and (if it needs it) get a target crown done, and you'd be doing <1" or possibly better easily.
I'm telling ya' guys, these factory tubes can be pretty dang decent! :t

FWIW! ;) - Dakotan

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It will look bone stock but it may get a new hammer and WK buffer. It's a 74 model with a nice walnut stock, metal buttplate and pre-warning barrel so I have been able to resist temptation. :D I'll go buy another one...I am still kicking myself in the butt for passing on a used 10/22 last weekend which had firesights installed for $129 and the gun was mint. I went there yesterday and it was already sold. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.