Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not done a build in a while and have one in the works and want to have the bolt squared. I use to use Q but looks like he's not doing them any more. Whos the go to guy now? CPS? Or is there someone I don't know about?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love Kidd stuff but I wonder how much more accurate a rifle is with a kidd bolt over a CPS, if any. The kidd cost over twice as much, is it twice as accurate?
It would be an interesting test if anyone has both.

·
Banned
36,377 Posts
I love Kidd stuff but I wonder how much more accurate a rifle is with a kidd bolt over a CPS, if any. The kidd cost over twice as much, is it twice as accurate?
The Kidd bolt is actually cheaper, considering a Ruger 10/22 bolt will cost you $80, and the CPC bolt work with their extractor upgrade will cost you $60. You can get a brand new Kidd bolt for $121.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Assuming you need to buy a bolt, yes. But I think it’s fair to say the vast majority already have a bolt so it’s 50 for CPS vs 120 for a Kidd. Personally I have no issue spending the extra few bucks but want the best value for my money. Still like to see both bolts in a proven rifle and see what the diff is.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
That would be an excellent test! See if you know someone that has a Kidd bolt that'll join you at the range and let you shoot with his bolt, or have him shoot with your bolt, using the same set-up; rifle, rest, optic, and ammo. Add to that Que and CPC modified bolts, and it'll make a heck of a Youtube video! Whatever you do, if you opt to include some Pantera or some other heavy rock in your intro, like so may Beavis and Butthead types still do, PLEASE make sure to adjust the volume of the intro to that of the rest of the vid, so that I don't wake up my neighbors at 2am.

I hope everyone has a safe weekend!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yep. You buy a Kidd bolt and all of a sudden you have a spare Ruger bolt. Been there, done that, sent it off to CPC.
Of course, I also had a spare barrel, trigger group, and stock, so I had to buy a receiver to make a complete rifle.
At the moment I still have a spare stock and a couple of trigger groups. Hmmmm…..
Have to go look at Kidd barreled actions.

·
The sacred cow? I ate it.
14,987 Posts
I’ve done a head to head test. Look up “10/22 step by step”

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have not done a build in a while and have one in the works and want to have the bolt squared. I use to use Q but looks like he's not doing them any more. Whos the go to guy now? CPS? Or is there someone I don't know about?

Thanks!!
I vote for Randy. I have one that he did several years ago, I can't tell a lot of difference between it and my Kidd.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts