Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Bolt stop pin

834 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  ottosear
I have Chief AJ 10/22 with a 4x12 Leupold. After about 3-4000 rds my scope quit holding zero. I swapped out the bolt stop pin with a uretahne one as I believe this is the culprit. Havent sent the scope back yet.
Does anyone concur?
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
914 Posts
trescocos said:
I have been shooting leupolds for over 20 yrs...first time i have had a failure. so who knows.
Who knows indeed, I'd say it's unusual for a "Loopold" to fail in any way! Bet they'll make good on it though....BTW, I have an old Leupold 8X "Westerner" that is at LEAST 40 yrs old, don't know if Dad got it used or what, that has been on a dozen different rifles from .22 Hornet to .338 Win mag! Has a one minute dot and is great for doing load development and varmint shooting. Never had a problem with it. (Well, the finish is almost all gone!!!)

Good luck,

Dennis :cool:

· Registered
2,470 Posts
One thing that makes a Leupold so expensive new and used (brings nearly a new price when used) is customer service. I would get a weapongkraft bolt buffer, will make it easier on any scope, also it will take clack out of the click clack.

Clint

· Registered
20,675 Posts
trescocos,

dont think a 22 rimmer will put a leopold out of commission. generally use tasco, simmons, lower priced scopes and on a rimmer haven't had any probs yet and i do shoot as often as the wind stays relatively calm.

easy trial, change to a diff scope and see.

dont think the buffer will have an effect on a scope on a rimmer, unless you have a mini 30 which are notorious for scrapping scopes. got one, lol.

some scope like anything else will fail eventually............mr murphy and his laws.

my .22 cents.

· Registered
52 Posts
Leupold will stand behind their products period. I had a scope given to me that would not hold a zero on any gun, it was a 3-9x40 Vari-X II. I sent it in twice and it came back with the same problems both times. I know this is wrong....but I broke the scope in half, dropped the gun it was on wink wink. Sent it to them and they sent me a brand new scope no questions asked. Their customer service is top notch!! I will not hesitate to buy their products in the future.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.