Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that when i pull the bolt on my Lux back it has a great deal of play when i wiggle the bolt sideways. its probably around 5mm of play either way.

Does anyone of you got this problem and how does it affect your accuracy?

When changing the bolt from another CZ the play was eliminated. Do you think its worth the cost of a new bolt?

Regards
KAT

·
Registered
945 Posts
I think it's worth a call to CZ USA: 1-800-955 4486

There is also a CZ forum:

CZ Forum

Good luck. I haven't noticed that movement in my two CZs, but it might be there. How does yours shoot? If good why worry about the movement? :)

·
Registered
668 Posts
I do not think you have a problem kastastrof, most bolt guns have some slop when pulled back, if the tolerences were too close the least little piece of crap or dirt that got in there would bind it up. What counts is when the handle in locked down into battery, it should be good and tight, if it moves around then I would say you have a problem. It is not a good practice to change bolts on the same model gun.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Bolt clearance

I agree with Airedale, the play you mentioned is when the bolt is open. This is a characteristic of many bolt actions. The Mauser 98 in particular has this symptom as do many military rifle actions.
As long as the bolt is tight when the action is closed I would not be concerned about it.:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pheewww..

Thanks all!

After some investigation of the bolt i discovered that the problem is the bolt handle. the metal thingie sticking out underneath it to guide the bolt into the action is entirely out of the rail when i pull the bolt all the way back, letting it play..

Its really not a problem but a new bolt handle could fix this little annoying habit, it all depends on the cost though, but they cant cost THAT much can they?

ohwell ill do some research on prices.

Again thanks all!

KAT

·
Registered
945 Posts
"ohwell ill do some research on prices. "

Again, call CZ first. That part may very well be covered. In any event, if I have a problem with a firearm, especially one related to safety, I let the manufacturer know.

I'm also cheap and money it tight and I'm of Scottish decent and broke and..........................:p

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just emailed CZusa about the problem.

A telephone call isnt really an option as i live in Norway. And i want to save CZusa the trouble trying to translate my rather poor American/English:D

Regards
KAT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.