Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 452 2E ZKM, the Euro stock with tapered barrel in 17HMR.
Recently the bolt fails to catch the rim of some of the 5 rounds. Seems to catch the 1st 2 cartridges in a full mag.

On numbers 3-5 it misses the rim and catches the body of the brass pushing the round forward and causing it to submarine coming out of the mag pointing tip skyward.

If I move the magazine by pivoting it toward the trigger guard it will then pick up the last 3 cartridges like it's supposed to.

Has anyone ever experienced this and found a Fix? Thanks
izh

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried it

I read through that thread and I'm very possibly missing something there. I'm not hanging and don't have any burs on the mag lips. I did reverse the springs and that didn't help any either. I still get the problem.

I can see how spring tension can effect the set of the magazine when it enguages the bolt. However, the problem has just started and this rifle has been used quite a bit. The main thing that I'm seeing is that the back of the clip toward the trigger is dropping down when it's locked in. This drops the rim of the cartridge below the bolt pick-up.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My CZ's out to the doctor, so I can't look mine over and try to figure yours, but... I'd be looking to see whats sposed to be holding that mag in there tight and going from there. I'd also consider a new mag if it dosn't get figured out. Is everything inside the stock that holds the magazine tight like it ought to be?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys,

I'll dig in to it but will probably have to wait till the weekend. We've just started working about 20 acres of hay so between that and work I'll be busy for a few days.

When I figure it out I'll post what the problem was.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I think we were pointing to the sticky that had some of the mags with incorrectly-bent floor plates, resulting in too much of a nose-down angle on the cartridge so that it would not pick up correctly.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128405 I believe.
I think in that particular case, the opposite is occuring where the tail of the cartridge is too low as described by TLARbb in the link. The condition with not enough nose up results in a round that hits the barrel just below the chamber instead of going in (which has happened to me on a few .17 HMR mags, particularly with the hollow points).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.