Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Bolt feels "rusty" when opening and closing...

547 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  DWARREN123
I take real good care of my American. When I slide the bolt back and forth it's fine. But all of a sudden I noticed that when I open the bolt, it feels rough (rusty) and it makes a small squeeky sound. Same goes when I close the bolt; it's harder and feels rougher.

So do you think that it's some brown goo (guck) that is trapped inside the bolt mechanism, where I can only see it if it's disasembled?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Alan T.

p.s.
I am not sure as to how to disasemble the bolt.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
311 Posts
Your owners manual tells how to take bolt apart to clean. It is a liitle tough the first time until you get the hang of it. I own 4 452 CZ and I dissamble all of the bolts sparatly and gave them a work over with Flitz. Also just sit in front of the TV and work the bolt and safty it will work itself to be super smooth. This has been my expericence I am sure there probaly is a more technical way to do it but this worked for me.

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the tips guys,

I guess I forgot to mention, that I must've operated the bolt thousands of times, and all of a sudden that happened to me... That's why I don't understand the problem; because it's supposed to get smoother with use, right?

I'll reffer to my user's manual for disasembly. I'm sure it ain't that hard.

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Everything you guys say makes sense, and seems like some really good advice.

Thanks for your help, I will try taking the bolt appart and lubing it up, and let you know how it is tomorrow.

Regards,

Alan T.

· Registered
4,065 Posts
Not tryin to sound like a wise guy, but the CZ bolt does require periodic lubrication inside and out. Alan T., you have lubricated the bolt occasionally haven't you? If not, spray some aerosol BreakFree CLP or RemOil in the bolt mechanism seams and openings.

Also, I picked up a tube of Tetra Grease from the sporting goods section at WalMart and applied a drop to just the locking lug surfaces of my CZs. Man this works much better than the GI surplus stuff I have always used for this purpose.

· Registered
2,283 Posts
Look inside the action at the locking lug...

groove opposite the bolt handle. Use a Q-tip to clean that out in addition to cleaning your bolt. After you disassemble your bolt, oil inside the bolt handle ring where it meets the outside of the bolt. Also lightly lube the bolt handle ring edges where they engage the safety.

· Registered
2,463 Posts
Yeah,right,well every once in a while a little piece of grit or metal shaving or piece of bullet or unburned cordite or whatever piece of irritating matter gets stuck.Anyway do you know where the ejector knob is just behind that is an indentation through which the bottom of the bolt slides through(they look like ramps), in this cavity is where you need to clean, really scrub and put some quality lube on it when done this is usually the culprit in my cz.
Hope it helps.
OIS
PS check in the enclosed areas of the mechanism,and clean. :t

· Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Great results!

I put some bore cleaner solution on the grooved cavity, at the bottom of the bolt, and then I gave it some good scrubbing with a couple of Q-tips, then I applied a few drops of RemOil lube, put the bolt back into the rifle, cocked it a couple of times, and VOILA!
It was back to its smooth norm again!

So thanks a lot guys for everything. You have once again helped a CZ newbie with his little problems.

Regards,

Alan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.