Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to the range this morning and forgot my note cards that i normally shoot at, so i used loose leaf notebook paper. the first couple of shots were 1/4'', but the 3rd, 4th and 5th shot made the group the size of a nickel. i thought to myself "no way" so i walked up to the target, and the cardboard i use to staple the notebook paper to had 1/4'' size hole for all five shots, were the notebook had a hole the size of a nickel. any idea's on what causes this?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Clearly that notepaper does not understand Czech, try it with a Winchester.
:-^

Notepaper is not designed to be easily torn or displaced, that is it is stronger, thus will tear after having been hit rather than just fall apart like target papte or cardboard.

Roger

·
Registered
884 Posts
Was there any wind? Was the notebook paper held tight agin the backing? My thought is that wind might have caused the paper to flutter thus making the group on paper bigger while the backing showed the correct group. That is if I correctly understand your post. JMHO

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.